Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Winter Ride Comrades

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Mark and I did a fun 90 mile lunch ride yesterday.

We commented on how nice the winter weather is in the Communist State of California. Mostly sunny skies, 63 degrees, and no wind.

Other than Zona or Flowraduh I can't think of many other places one can comfortably ride in the middle of winter.

Certainly not the northern tier of states, unless of course you are talking a snow machine or a pair of skis.

Every time we get together, at some point the conversation turns to politics. Especially the crazy, insane, communist like policies of our once golden state. Folks are leaving in droves in an attempt to free themselves from the liberal/progressive/communists that are running the state.

What is a man to do? I swore I would not move again. I retired 5 years ago and moved back to the central valley. The move just about killed my wife and I. Getting too old to do this again.

And where do you go? Montana and Idaho are great in the summer but winters are long, dark, and cold. Zona winters are to die for (Right Eddie?) but the summers will fry you like an egg.

The guys I used to fly had places in both spots, but who can afford that these days.

Ok I will now get down from my soapbox.

Sorry guys just had to vent.:wink2:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The Texas Hill Country generally north of San Antonio, in a fan that spreads both east and west, is pretty nice during what Texans think are winter months. Went riding with my bride yesterday in temps that reached the lower 70s under a nice "winter" sun. Not bad at all. Oh, and we didn't see a single snow flake.

#5 ·
Hey Arion. Looks like you are doing it right and making my point about having 2 places to live. A summer spot and a winter spot. If I could do it over again I would have tried to do the same.

Temps in the 70's ain't bad for sure. And no snowflakes! We have a ton of "snowflakes" in California. Most are found on college campuses:surprise:

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.