D2D June 2021 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
D2D June 2021

Anyone have any plans to attend D2D in 2021?

With my motorcycle trips booked already this year it forced me to put it on the calendar for 2021. Figured I would make a post to see if anyone else is also planning a trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I have D2D on my likely will do list, tentatively for this year though not written in stone so could be on for '21. I would be departing from/returning to where my Roadtrek van would be parked near Bemidji, MN. A new Terry Adcox seat that will be shipped to me in MN in May could be an influencer.

Where are you located at?

As age has crept up on me, the tent up and down every day thing is getting to be too tiring for extended trips. I still do a three week trip in September with a tent on the bike but there are several multi night stays. The Roadtrek van with the bike behind is just so much easier way to travel that as taken precedence for the 2-4 month trips. And I not inclined to bring a van to a MC event.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Help this newbie out...what is D2D?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi-kawa View Post
Dust to Dawson.

It's a ride/get together in Dawson, Yukon. It happens near the summer solstice.

Background on this rally is cool. Google is your friend.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
I have D2D on my likely will do list, tentatively for this year though not written in stone so could be on for '21. I would be departing from/returning to where my Roadtrek van would be parked near Bemidji, MN. A new Terry Adcox seat that will be shipped to me in MN in May could be an influencer.

Where are you located at?

As age has crept up on me, the tent up and down every day thing is getting to be too tiring for extended trips. I still do a three week trip in September with a tent on the bike but there are several multi night stays. The Roadtrek van with the bike behind is just so much easier way to travel that as taken precedence for the 2-4 month trips. And I not inclined to bring a van to a MC event.
Milton WI. About 40 miles south of Madison. My original plan is to camp the majority if not the whole way except for if there are days of ALL rain where I NEED to get out of it for a night. I am open to hoteling it tho if needed.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerharz14 View Post
Milton WI. About 40 miles south of Madison. My original plan is to camp the majority if not the whole way except for if there are days of ALL rain where I NEED to get out of it for a night. I am open to hoteling it tho if needed.
Familiar with Sconi, usta spend a lot of time in SW when I lived outside of Red Wing, MN.

Your way of travel suits me fine, it matches up well. Motel$$ can burn a pretty big hole in the travel budget and constrain the serendipity part of the whole experience.

watch for a PM.

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2020, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi-kawa View Post
Here are links to some articles I posted about rides to D2D....

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...dventures.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...2d-2015-a.html

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...2d-2013-a.html

VERY enjoyable rides!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode