Member Rides Show off your Versys...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pcpranav

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb Versys India Riders (VIR) Meetup 2019

Versys India Riders - Nagpur Meet-up 2019:

In India, we have a fairly big group of Versys riders / owners, staying in different cities of this large sub-continent. Estimate total Versys owners in India would be around 500+. We do have couple of WhatsApp groups and then riders are also connected via other social media platforms or personal interactions. The main national group is known as "Versys India Riders" (VIR). On a daily basis within the VIR WhatsApp group, we chat about accessories, parts or services, travel plans or tales, food and some light jokes.

Occasionally, the regional (local city) members do have their mini meet-ups, or some meet along their rides. However, it was a long discussed subject to have a national meet, wherein members across India could join. After a lot of discussions, the venue was fixed as Nagpur city, center of India. As per the final list, (only) 16 members could join the event.

VIR Meet-up Dates were 07-09 Dec'19. An awesome resort next to a jungle was booked. Members coordinated and reached there - some had to travel 2 days to reach. A lot of them meeting others for first time (though often spoken or had chat). Knowing each other, sharing experiences, showing-off accessories, discussing issues - overall it an amazing experience. It was delightful to see all members together doing their chain cleaning & lubricating task!! We also had a small off-road ride to backwaters of a large (water) dam. We had some of our members (& vendors) to kindly sponsor some goodies for this group, thanks to them. At this occasional, we even got printed VIR Tshirts and stickers for VIR members (lovely logo designing by one of own member). Hopefully, next time when we organize our VIR Meet-up, we would have more members joining, and even more fun. We even initiated the discussion, venue would be difference of-course :-)

Post the meet-up, I extended my trip for a solo ride to Amarkantak town. This place is from where the holy Narmada river originates, and it was my long personal wish to visit this place. In totality I clocked about 3100 KMs in this whole trip, and it so much fun.

Below video I have captured my trip : VIR Meetup and Amarkantak visit. Some of my speech would be in Hindi language :-)

Hope you like it.

regards,

Pranav
(Mumbai)
dadsafrantic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
I flew thru Mumbai (stayed for a couple of days as I recall) when it was still called Bombay - while in the RCAF, back in '70.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Awesome-VIR. We have similar group in Malaysia and during annual Meet-up we get around 500 v.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
For many, motorcycles are a lifestyle. Very cool to see how that transcends borders, cultures and so on. Thanks for sharing your VIR Meetup 2019!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
very cool. i'd love to do a ride around the world.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
versys india riders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in