Riding through King Country NZ - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kiwicraig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Riding through King Country NZ

Been offline for a while,so a report on my last decent ride a couple of weeks ago.Fine weather for a change so off I go on a trip I planned long ago.Not a lot of riders go around the King Country and they miss out on some very good roads,twisty,good surface and very little traffic.Left home and rode straight to Te Awamutu and took the back road to Otorohanga,all 5th and 6th gear sweepers,a fun start on the good roads,Through to Te Kuiti for lunch and gas.Backtracked 5km to Oparure rd to Pio Pio.What a road! all 2nd ,3rd and 4th gear tight corners.Stopped at random by an old shearing shed,the view south and west looked realy scenic.Climbed a small bank and could see Ruapehu,Ngaruahoe,and Tongariro the highest mountains in the North Island.They realy stood out with spring snow on them,about 140km away.Rode on through Pio Pio to Aria,a tiny town slowly decaying.Carried on to Mokauti and turned left on to Hw4,then right on Kopaki rd coming on to Hwy30,turned right and down to Mangokino.The last 130km on good roads Ive never been on.Getting thirsty so only 120km to Okoroire pub.Having a quite beer,and some dickhead on an R1 calls my Versys a learners bike,whats wrong with these idiots,we ride at our speed.Itold him Ive already don 400km,and 100 more home,bet you cant do 500km in a day without back sugery.Got home,500km,6.5hrs ride time,a bunch of new roads,feeling great.I told her indoors it was to test my new Shoei Neotec helmet,which was very very comfortable.

Happy riding
jaaklucas likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode