• 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
a "rainy" day ride in BC's interior...

Got up to a 'reasonable' looking day, so I saddled up, heading N towards Vernon along Lake Okanagan, a ride I've done (and written-up) MANY times before, but this time I'm going to try to upload pics I took which are saved to my Flickr account, so bare w/ me.

First place I stopped for a pic was just above the Gray Monks Winery, Lake Okanagan leading off to the N.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184442.../shares/843H1p

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 09-22-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

This is the FIRST time I've tried to upload a pic from Flickr, and it's NOT working for me.

Anyone (weljo???) got instructions for me?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
This is the FIRST time I've tried to upload a pic from Flickr, and it's NOT working for me.

Anyone (weljo???) got instructions for me?
I see a beautiful lake and a small town - Nice picture. ( so your picture is there and what's the problem on you side).

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, what a great view point! A couple of hours from there. I had spent 5 days on Lake Shuswap. Beautiful Country up there.

It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Lots of beautiful lakes like that in Canada. Spent some time in BC on a hang gliding trip back in the early 70's. Hung out in Nelson and would head over to Kaslo on the Kootenay Lake to do some flying.

The takeoff was at 6200 foot elevation and we landed right on the lake shore at 1750 foot elevation. It was a real fun ride down. We arrived in BC in mid June and it rained for the entire first week so we did not get to do any flying. When the rain finally stopped we headed up to the mountain to fly. When we arrived it was still too cloudy to fly, so we set up the gliders and waited. About half an hour later the clouds began to lift, the sun came out, and we were treated to the most stunning view of the Canadian Rockies. I have to say it was the most beautiful place I have ever set foot. Down below were the pristine blue waters stretching out in both directions as far as the eye could see. Just above them was the green forest looking like someone spilled billions of gallons of green paint, and capping it all off was pristine white snow covering the distant peaks to the east.

Then after feasting on all that beauty we took off and glided down the the lake shore. As we made our final descent for a landing on a sand bar we were greeted by the fragrant bouquet of a nearby apple orchard in full bloom. It was a day I will never forget.

You are a lucky man Eddie, enjoying the delights of BC in the summer and the superior winter weather in Zona. Does not get any better than that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gettyimages-531156290-2048x2048.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	165767  
onewizard and Mattias like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.

Last edited by hawkerjet; 09-23-2019 at 09:00 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
I see a beautiful lake and a small town - Nice picture. ( so your picture is there and what's the problem on you side).
Did you have to "click" on something to get the pic, or is it there when you look at the post?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Did you have to "click" on something to get the pic, or is it there when you look at the post?
I agree something is wrong, it should work like the BB code of this forum. Is there a BB code in Flicker
@fasteddiecopeman
This is what google says;

On Flickr, you're required to link back to the photopage of the image. You can get the correct code to do that by clicking the 'share' icon on the photopage (the square with the arrow pointing out). Select the size you want and the type of code the forum uses (HTML or BBCode). Copy the bit of code that Flickr creates.

This forum uses BBcode
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

First place I stopped for a pic was just above the Gray Monks Winery, Lake Okanagan leading off to the N. You'll see it from a different "angle" in a bit....

From there the road passes thru Carrs Landing, more great views UP the lake.

IMG_2422 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

WELL - I got THAT pic 'up', but now to figure out exactly HOW I did it....
onewizard and Fastoman like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 09-23-2019 at 02:11 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
First place I stopped for a pic was just above the Gray Monks Winery, Lake Okanagan leading off to the N. You'll see it from a different "angle" in a bit....

From there the road passes thru Carrs Landing, more great views UP the lake.

WELL - I got THAT pic 'up', but now to figure out exactly HOW I did it....
@fasteddiecopeman

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Had to click on the link , but looks like you are getting it sorted out..
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I just clicked to see some rain. We are in a drought with no rain for the entire month of September. Unfortunately for those living on the Florida and Gulf coasts, we need at least one seasonal Hurricane that ends up a tropical depression by the time it gets here for late summer nourishment.

My Versys Travels:

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigar View Post
Wow, what a great view point! A couple of hours from there....
Actually THAT view is about 17 minutes from pulling out of my driveway.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Actually THAT view is about 17 minutes from pulling out of my driveway.

Beautiful. You are a lucky boy, Eddie!

With all the pollution and climate change, what kind of world will we leave Keith Richards?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

a SECOND attempt at making this thread w/ PICS!

I want to thank those who directed me in the RIGHT direction to include pics from my NEW "Flickr" account, especially our friend "weljo"!

Got up to a 'reasonable' looking day, so I saddled up, heading N towards Vernon along Lake Okanagan, a ride I've done (and written-up) MANY times before, but this time I'm going to try to upload pics I took which are saved to my Flickr account, so bare w/ me.

First place I stopped for a pic was just above the Gray Monks Winery, Lake Okanagan leading off to the N.

IMG_2421 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Several miles further N along the lake I got these views, still looking N.

IMG_2423 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

As the road continues, it climbs into 'farming' country and this time the 'lakes' are a LOT smaller!

IMG_2424 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_2425 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

The following lake is the one beside which I found a crashed BMW F800GS a few years ago.

IMG_2428 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC00796 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC00797 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

DSC00800 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

I have absolutely NO idea HOW the rider managed to 'park' his BEEMER that way, but it was out of the way!

I do NOT recommend that particular 'wrecker' driver, but perhaps THAT is the CORRECT WAY to 'sling' a Beemer...?
weljo2001 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 09-27-2019 at 03:32 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Another few miles N of that "crash-site" is a VERY "tony" golf course community, Predator Ridge,

IMG_2429 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

that includes a high-end hotel featuring MUCH "Swarovski" crystals in its displays.

IMG_2430 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

A very FINE, twisty road joins the Ridge w/ the town of Vernon, at the top end of Lake Okanagan.

IMG_2431 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

IMG_2432 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

Just N of Vernon I joined BC 97 for a few miles, then turned S onto the West Side Road (picked by BC residents to be the MOST dangerous road in British Columbia SEVERAL times in a poll. I will NOT ride it northbound for its full length, but I will ride it full length S, and in BOTH directions IF I stick to the northern portion of the road, but NOT today....

Remember the pic of Gray Monks Winery (first pic)? Here's what it looks like from ACROSS the lake, first "zoomed-in"

IMG_2433 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

and now"zoomed-out" (sorry for the power lines!..).

IMG_2434 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

It began raining while I was taking those pics, so I got one of the GREEN HORNET TOO

IMG_2435 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

and then 'battened down the hatches' (closed any OPEN vents), put on waterproof gloves, then rode S to the Okanagan Bridge (pouring rain), rode E across it until I parked in my DRY garage about 45 minutes later.

Today's ride? Just UNDER 100 miles (156.6kms) in two hrs and 27 minutes of riding.

GOOD day to ride, but then - aren't they ALL...?

-
weljo2001 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode