Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Trip to Prescott through Yarnell

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Monday I was sent on a mission to try and find Camp Patterdell Pines just south of Prescott. It was one of those trips where no one can give you an address and the pavement goes to dirt road. My friend, Dale, and I found the camp and also gave his Harley a little off-road time. I just returned from three weeks in Baja with my Versys but wasn't sure how his bike would fare. The roads were passable and the Harley made it. Oh, it wasn't a sure bet because it had rained the night before and you know how dirt roads can be.... but since this is Arizona, the water was absorbed in the parched ground and the trail was good to go. I have to say that I love that little Versys. It can fly down a highway, blast through curves and do fine on dirt roads.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Monday I was sent on a mission to try and find Camp Patterdell Pines just south of Prescott. It was one of those trips where no one can give you an address and the pavement goes to dirt road.

Yarnell to Prescott is my go to ride. Did you get much smoke from that fire that's going up there?

#7 ·
I didn't see any noticeable smoke on the trip but we made a quick trip, left from Phoenix at 5:30 am and were home by 1:30pm. You know how it is, cool (relatively speaking, mid 80's) and hotter than hell by noon. Monday it was probably 110 by the time I got back, wet vest time. But no, I didn't see any smoke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.