• 1 Post By onewizard
  • 2 Post By Buffalo_Bob
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By Buffalo_Bob
  • 1 Post By hawkerjet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Canadian Geese, Gold Country, More ECU love

Had a small 3 hour window to get in a ride on a glorious 80º day so I headed up to Auburn and down Hwy 49 to Coloma where gold was discovered in California. I mad a few quick stops.

The first was at the confluence of the North and South forks of the American river to check out the water flow.

Then on to Coloma where gold was first discovered at Sutter's Mill

The Mill

Saw a nice Ducati going over a one lane bridge to a real nice campground right on the river.

I didn't get a picture but saw lots of Canadian geese, and assumed they were headed home to you folks up north. Spring is coming for you folks too!

Lots of rafters on the American Riverwhich has some awesome white water.

Miles of smiles with the ECU update. Much more effortless to keep either a slow or spirited pace. I find myself riding in the low to midrange of the power band. I'm frequently accelerating briskly from 3000 rpms instead of 4000 without downshifting nearly as much. Much has been said by others as well, but the bike really has a different (better) personality. Must be ridden to believe!
onewizard, Devilsfan and 52Degrees like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
Miles of smiles with the ECU update. Much more effortless to keep either a slow or spirited pace. I find myself riding in the low to midrange of the power band. I'm frequently accelerating briskly from 3000 rpms instead of 4000 without downshifting nearly as much. Much has been said by others as well, but the bike really has a different (better) personality. Must be ridden to believe!
Hey Bob we were on the same page today. Me and 2 bud's did 250 miles today. Up high way 49 to Coulterville then the back way to high way 120, over to the Iron Door Saloon in Groveland. They say it is the oldest saloon in California. Plus the food was great. Spectacular weather day. Green grass, lot's of wild flowers, and the majestic snow covered Sierra's keeping an eye on us from far above.

I totally agree with your comment on the new flash from our buddy in Sunny Florida. 3k rpm is now the new 4k rpm. Makes a great bike even better.

Cheers.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

ECU Update

Yes Bob, hard to believe , my first surprise was in the outer city, cruising along at 60 KM/HR , accelerated and went to up-shift, first thought, something wrong with the shifter, nope actually in 6th gear. Whatever you do if you happen to be a member on the UK site, don't waste the time to post, apparently they never ride in the 3000 to 4000 RPM range.

And those photos are awesome, I look outside and I have almost 1.5 inches of solid ice in my yard. Getting really sick of this winter in Ontario . I could envision both the ride and the rafting.
52Degrees likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Hey Bob we were on the same page today. Me and 2 bud's did 250 miles today. Up high way 49 to Coulterville then the back way to high way 120, over to the Iron Door Saloon in Groveland. They say it is the oldest saloon in California. Plus the food was great. Spectacular weather day. Green grass, lot's of wild flowers, and the majestic snow covered Sierra's keeping an eye on us from far above.

I totally agree with your comment on the new flash from our buddy in Sunny Florida. 3k rpm is now the new 4k rpm. Makes a great bike even better.

Cheers.
I knew you were headed up 49 today and would have tried to meet up since that's an awesome road, but my trip was a last minute 75 mile jaunt. Absolutely perfect riding day!
onewizard and 52Degrees like this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Bob.
52Degrees likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Yes Bob, hard to believe , my first surprise was in the outer city, cruising along at 60 KM/HR , accelerated and went to up-shift, first thought, something wrong with the shifter, nope actually in 6th gear. Whatever you do if you happen to be a member on the UK site, don't waste the time to post, apparently they never ride in the 3000 to 4000 RPM range.

And those photos are awesome, I look outside and I have almost 1.5 inches of solid ice in my yard. Getting really sick of this winter in Ontario . I could envision both the ride and the rafting.
The geese are headed your way! They know better than the weather man.
52Degrees likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
I knew you were headed up 49 today and would have tried to meet up since that's an awesome road, but my trip was a last minute 75 mile jaunt. Absolutely perfect riding day!
Would love to have you join us. Perhaps next time.
52Degrees likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in