• 4 Post By Kyle E
  • 2 Post By weljo2001
  • 3 Post By Kyle E
  • 2 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By cjcintucson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Better to be lucky than smart.

Out to the range on the bike today as its 70 degrees of freedom! Think that translates to 210 Celsius or something. Being the big idiot that I am.... Hit the kill switch got off and forgot to turn the key.

So for the hour or so of shooting the headlight is on, meaning the battery is dead when I go to leave... 5 miles from a paved road..... with no one around.....crap.

Bringing all my Irish luck to the table I had left it in 2nd gear when parked. I was facing a very slight downhill literally had to kick my feet 4 times to get up enough speed to bump start hah! My first time push starting a motorcycle, couldn't believe it was so easy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 05:13 PM

Garage
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...purchases.html

onewizard and Buffalo_Bob like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I actually have one of those jumper doodads and take it with me camping etc. But it lives in the truck. If I didn't have to park in a sketchy area at work (Welfare Office and homeless shelter in the next parking lot) Id probably carry it in my handle bar bag its small enough.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle E View Post
Out to the range on the bike today as its 70 degrees of freedom! Think that translates to 210 Celsius or something. Being the big idiot that I am.... Hit the kill switch got off and forgot to turn the key.

So for the hour or so of shooting the headlight is on, meaning the battery is dead when I go to leave... 5 miles from a paved road..... with no one around.....crap.

Bringing all my Irish luck to the table I had left it in 2nd gear when parked. I was facing a very slight downhill literally had to kick my feet 4 times to get up enough speed to bump start hah! My first time push starting a motorcycle, couldn't believe it was so easy.

You have a firearm on your bike....Hunting?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
You have a firearm on your bike....Hunting?
No, just out in the desert shooting at targets.

I like to come out here as its a good motorcycle and gun day. The round trip is about 90 miles with 10 of that dirt. And the rest high speed highway. So really get to use the Versys like it was meant to be ridden.

There are places I could go closer to my house, but I like the view and getting the miles in.
Fastoman, Duffy and 16VGTIDave like this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:49 PM

Hey Kyle I like your title to this thread: "Better to be lucky than smart"

Thinking we are on the same page cuz one of my favorite sayings is: "Rather be lucky than good...probably never be good so might as well be lucky."

Brilliant minds think alike...Lol.
Fastoman and Kyle E like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I actually have one of those jumper doodads and take it with me camping etc. But it lives in the truck. If I didn't have to park in a sketchy area at work (Welfare Office and homeless shelter in the next parking lot) Id probably carry it in my handle bar bag its small enough.
I have one of those also. As I only do recreational riding, it stays in my saddlebag all the time. It has saved my butt 3 times already. I do sometimes put it in the car for long road trips, but I have AAA in a pinch. My wife'v vehicle went dead in a mountain town so we called AAA on a weekend. A guy showed up in a car with one of those "doo-dads" in hand and started her car. I also have used it here at home once to start my own car. Far easier than trying to wiggle two vehicles next to each other with booster cables. Get one that says it is at least capable of starting a 6 cylinder vehicle.
Kyle E likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
No, just out in the desert shooting at targets.

I like to come out here as its a good motorcycle and gun day. The round trip is about 90 miles with 10 of that dirt. And the rest high speed highway. So really get to use the Versys like it was meant to be ridden.

There are places I could go closer to my house, but I like the view and getting the miles in.
What is your set up to hold the rifle? Any closer up pics? I'd like to rig up something on my bike for range time.

Jay™
2016 Versys 1000
2016 Versys 650
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
n so we called AAA on a weekend.
Check with your insurance company. I saved some money dropping AAA. Progressive charges me $12 a year for roadside on the bike and $20 for the truck. $30 sure beats $100. The one time Ive used it on the bike already paid for itself the next 10 years (would have been a $120 tow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCruizer View Post
What is your set up to hold the rifle? Any closer up pics? I'd like to rig up something on my bike for range time.
Normally I take a padded viola case I got for $20 on clearance. But a padded guitar bag with the neck folded over would do the same. I use that to haul the rifle along with all mags and ammo for everything I have with me. Just use a couple of bungee cords to hold it on the rear seat. Along with a loop of paracord and a clip as a dummy cord incase a bungee were to fail.

Then all my other crap like tools suppressors ears and eyes handguns and stuff go in my backpack. Keeps the weight off my back and lets me have fun on the way.
But yesterday I just tossed the rifle in my pack and let it stick out the top, as I only had 2 mags I wanted to shoot for some function tests before I finished the gun. So no real weight to carry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode