Americade 2019 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Americade 2019

So Iím spending a lot of time ignoring the snow and ice falling outside and thinking about riding in the Spring and Summer. Iíve been checking out a lot of videos on Americade in NY, and I think it will be my first rally. I live closer to Bike Days in Laconia, NH but it seems more cruiser oriented. Americade looks like itís still heavy on cruisers, but with more sport tourers and sport bikes thrown in as well. It looks like theyíve got some really nice guided rides set for this year, and a few good unguided ones as well. I did a quick search and it looks like some members here have attended in the past, so hopefully Iíll see a few of you there this June.

Anyone have suggestions for a good and cheap place to stay? Iím thinking of staying there for 3 or 4 nights.

stand up tall, pretend youíre strong, in the hope that you can be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Good luck on your first rally..stay safe.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:32 AM

I don't go every year like a lot of folks, but I've done a dozen or so Americades going back to 1998. Americade is primarily a touring bike rally, but every make and model of m/c will be there. Lodging can be tough as many rooms are reserved a year in advance, and most places have a minimum number of nights you must stay. Many folks return to the same lodging every year. The Americade website lists hundreds of hotels/motels. You should also check out the official Americade message board for great advice on lodging and other topics from long-time Americaders. One universal piece of advice for a newbie is to not schedule too much for yourself. It's tempting because there are TONS of things to choose from, but scheduling one or two events a day at most until you get a feel for the rally and the area is a good idea. You'll have a blast I'm sure.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:47 AM

I've gone to Americade twice since moving to the Boston area and the Laconia rally a few more times as it's only two hours away. You're right about Laconia, it's about 90% cruisers and of those 90% seem to be HD's. The market and booths are all t-shirts and leather and shiny bits of chrome. However, the demos are okay with Ducati, Yamaha and Guzzi usually showing up to break up the cruiser-centric event.

I enjoy Americade much more, the first time I went was about four years ago and it was still fairly cruiser dominated and A LOT of trikes. I went last year and there seemed to be a bit more diversity in the riders showing up. Definitely touring bikes dominate. Here is a view of the parking lot at the hotel I stayed at... by the way, it's called the Heritage and it's a long walk to all the festivities but a nice place to stay. I think it's around $110/night but I split that with my friend.

Last year there was an excellent showing of demo manufacturers. The only big brand no-shows were Harley, Ducati and Kawasaki. Kawasaki hasn't been there in recent years and apparently Harley management was upset that they couldn't get there preferred booth space... that was the rumor running around the rally anyway. Anyway, there is a ton of variety of bikes to try like BMW, Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi.

Great riding roads in the area too but lots of traffic during the rally. Personally I wouldn't want to ride in any of the huge touring groups.

Right now I have a small group of friends that are planning on attending, nice guys, good riders and very mellow. You are welcome to join us if you wish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 07:01 PM

Garage
Main-man, if I were you coming from Maine I would look at towns 30 to40 miles west of Lake George. There is Rutland, Mt Snow in Vt. Glen Falls in N.Y. which is a little south of the event. I have been there a number of times but for me it a 150 mile day ride one day on great roads.

Civit
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:48 AM

Just revisiting this thread, my buddies cancelled the Americade plan and instead opted for Kentucky. I may still do Americade solo but have not made any solid plans. Keep me posted if you still plan on attending.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode