Know of any good rides on Oahu? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Know of any good rides on Oahu?

I moved out to Oahu a year and half ago and shipped my Versys out with me. I mainly use it commute to work now. Due to the Hawaiian Style speed limits around the island, I've yet to find a 'spirited' twisty ride. Does anyone know of any? I've heard the big island has some amazing rides...

Thanks Forumers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

I am on the other side of the universe and cant help much with your ride , but you can use goggle maps to map your rides or find locations that you want to ride. I always find my route and rides using goggle maps.

and be safe.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 07:23 AM

Garage
Rsanti, go to motorcycleroads.com and see what they show.

Civit

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:47 AM

It's been decades since I was on Oahu.........but the north coast road used to be a nice ride.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanti View Post
...Does anyone know of any?...

I would THINK that ANY ride in Hawaii would be PDG...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 07:44 PM

I rented bikes on Oahu and the Big Island. Oahu was so crammed with tourists that it was hard to find roads you could really enjoy. Having said that, if you can get out before traffic the coastal road on the quiet side was enjoyable. You’re right about the Big Island, amazing roads and scenery. There are also more places to ride on the Big Island. Good luck finding some great rides.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 08:37 AM

Garage
Maui rides

If you can get over to Maui, there are lots of good roads. I've done all of them in a car. Including the no go roads, according to the car rental companies. I've actually done all the islands completely by car and there are islands which are more picturesque than exciting as far as a good ride goes. The backside of the road to hana is lightly travelled and the road around the southwest mountain on maui (also lightly travelled) are good. These are one lane roads through the mountainous areas in some spots.

Some of the more exciting roads are not in great condition in spots, so renting a harley is not the best option if you have a choice.

2016 Kawasaki Green Versys 1000
2013 Kawasaki Concours 1400
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400 (sold)
2008 Suzuki M109R (gone- speed related
)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmonster View Post
If you can get over to Maui, there are lots of good roads.
Back in March I rented an FZ6R in Maui and when I went to pick it up the agent said the bike was on the other side of the island and it was my fault because I didn't call and confirm or use their website. I explained to him that I did in fact use their website and it had a link to Eagle Rider so I used their site to book my rental. Nowhere on their site did it state to call or book directly through them. They eventually became very apologetic and said I could take one of the other bikes they had which were all Harley's, told them I wasn't interested. Claimed they could get the bike later in the week but I was leaving in a few days. They did try to make it right so that was appreciated. Hope to ride Maui someday as Greenmonster wrote, there are some good roads and sights.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode