Mountains, Motorcycle and Me - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

4Likes
  • 3 Post By Turk
  • 1 Post By civit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Mountains, Motorcycle and Me

Took Wednesday off of work and made a very early start for the White Mountains, about a two hour ride north of my home. Weather was quite brisk requiring use of my new heated grips, which work great and then by late morning the air warmed up enough that I was able to start shedding layers and finally ride with just my mesh jacket. I ride up in this area a couple times of year if I get the chance, the roads are in very good shape and fun to ride, the views are spectacular and there is a lot of good food around.

Looking north along Crawford Notch Parkway.

Great views from atop the Kancamagus Highway.

The Kanc always has other riders and rallies roaming it's twisting roads.

A view to the west and the start of the descent to Lincoln, NH.

Normally I would ride I93 back home but I took the more scenic Daniel Webster Highway for part of the journey this time.

A covered bridge in the picturesque Squam Lake region.

Amazing woodwork on these old bridges.

Getting tunnel vision.

Can't have a Squam Lake without a Squam River.

A late day lunch of fried scallops, coleslaw and fries with a great view of Lake Winnipesaukee. I followed that up with some homemade ice cream before hitting the road.

The Doris E, giving hour and a half tours of the lake.

Keep rolling my friends and if you get a chance, take a day for yourself and go for a ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 10:28 AM

Garage
Mountians, Motorcycle and You

Wish I were there. First day of summer here in Savannah. temp. 97. I ride those roads when in ct., which is not often enough.
enjoy
civit
Turk likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by civit View Post
Wish I were there. First day of summer here in Savannah. temp. 97. I ride those roads when in ct., which is not often enough.
enjoy
civit
Despite the very brisk morning weather right now is perfect for riding, high 60's and up into the mid 70's. Our heat wave is coming soon enough though.

I plan on riding Florida and parts of Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi in the Fall, I'll hit as much of the southern portions of those states as time allows. I'm assuming the weather is pretty good in October around Georgia?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 01:43 PM

Garage
summer here can last into oct. though you have a good chance for fine weather. be mind full that it is hurricane season. if you make it here give me a toot.
civit
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 03:55 PM

Nice pictures and a very nice looking lunch too!! My envy meter pretty much pegged itself when I saw that photo.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Nice pictures and a very nice looking lunch too!! My envy meter pretty much pegged itself when I saw that photo.
You know, I never had deep fried scallops before and thought it was a crime against food when the server first recommended them but I thought I would give it a try. They were really good but I will still take mine grilled over frying.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode