• 1 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By StormRider
  • 1 Post By Lurch71

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Stay In Your Lane Lady

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 04:43 PM

I've had a recent epidemic of cars pulling out in front of me lately. That horn will wake them up. Hopefully.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
I've had a recent epidemic of cars pulling out in front of me lately. That horn will wake them up. Hopefully.

Actually for me for the last month folks have been driving pretty good. No one has tried to kill me lately. I love my horn and use it any chance i get... That area of town you have to be careful. Folks don't seem to pay attention. Just a few blocks down is where a guy doored me while i was lane filtering last year...
onewizard and crosshairs like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 06:19 PM

Distracted by the phone?
weljo2001 likes this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudderpedals View Post
Distracted by the phone?

Possible. I didn't see one in her hands but she could have been on bluetooth speaker. She had both hands off the wheel like she was a hand talker....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 07:09 PM

What horn is that, it is a lot louder than the pathetic stock horn.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvwbug View Post
What horn is that, it is a lot louder than the pathetic stock horn.

This is the set up i put on all my bikes....https://www.amazon.com/Stebel-116900...5G4GHE5RMH3G1H & https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Plu...BRPR8C8RM0BDJ4

For the Versys 650 i went with the chrome one but on the other bikes the horn was hidden so the black ones were fine...

024 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Fastoman likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

This is the trend in today's world...Just be Careful and ATGATT.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 AM

Yep gotta luv that Stebel Nautilus air horn.

I bought one for my Ninja 1000 but never installed it. The body work on that Ninja was next to impossible to remove and install with out breaking off multiple plastic tabs, so I decided to punt.

Later installed it on my truck after a lady sawed me off on the 101 due to the anemic stock horn.

It's definitely an attention getter.
weljo2001 likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:28 AM

I always put on air horns, must have bought 5 or 6 by now. Wolo @ H.F.
Half of them I separate the pump from horn just to mount them in different locations.

BTW, I hate lane splitting. Don't think I would even if it was legal here.
One guy did it at a stop light, I was at the front and he came up along side me after passing a few other cars, kinda pissed me off.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM

Garage
Every time I watch your videos I'm reminded to get a better horn. Crazy people.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 01:46 PM

I've been telling a lot of riders my riding formula lately:

Bob's 4 rules of riding (gathered and refined since the 70s..):

1) They can't see you.
Who? ANYBODY on the roads, including bicyclists, other motorcyclists, cars, trucks, pedestrians, ANYBODY. Act like NOBODY sees you.

2) If they do see you, they'll try and kill you.
Who? Think: "Gee, that little bitty motorcycle won't care if I sneak in a left turn in front of him/her."

3) You have NO right of way.
Zero. None. I could care less what the law says. I have no right of way. Anywhere. I have literally stopped in the middle of an intersection (watching my 6 in my mirrors of course) and waved people to turn in front of me. Is that rule breaking? Of course. On the other hand, I'm still alive to tell the story. Your choice.
When I'm bigger than whatever else is on the road, THEN I have right of way. Otherwise, none. I act accordingly.

4) Never ride anything you can't pick up.
If you can't pick it up, YouTube videos to learn how. There's gonna come a day...
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE50 View Post
I always put on air horns, must have bought 5 or 6 by now. Wolo @ H.F.
Half of them I separate the pump from horn just to mount them in different locations.

BTW, I hate lane splitting. Don't think I would even if it was legal here.
One guy did it at a stop light, I was at the front and he came up along side me after passing a few other cars, kinda pissed me off.

Had to split the Stebel to fit on the V-1000 and cut off the excess plastic where the pump was..... Why would you get angry about something that had a zero effect on you???

P1010739 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:21 AM

another horn option that can fit in stock horn spot (if you make a little aluminum bracket you can tuck it in closer) is the Freeway Blaster. you can find on eBay and Amazon. While not as loud as the air horn, it is big improvement over stock. it sounds like a 1970 american car horn. next tine I will go with air horn for maximum attention. But Freeway Blaster is pretty good.

J
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:58 AM

I ride bicycle and electric bicycle in the city as well as motorcycle. Gotta be on guard at all times. Light up the front and rear of your two wheeler with as much daytime running lights as you can.Doesnt have to be blinding,just enough so theres no mistaking you.I rigged amber side lights as well.That will cut out the car drivers that could make a distracted mistake,good defensive driving.And if someone straight up sees me and cuts in front,they get the full wrath of LED high beams and full blast aux. lights. from behind. Watch them squirm. And the horn for a nice finish!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Actually for me for the last month folks have been driving pretty good. No one has tried to kill me lately. I love my horn and use it any chance i get... That area of town you have to be careful. Folks don't seem to pay attention. Just a few blocks down is where a guy doored me while i was lane filtering last year...
You got to be on high alert when you head out to Brea.
weljo2001 likes this.

60% of the time, it works every time
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
You got to be on high alert when you head out to Brea.

I guess being so close to the 57 they are still in their cruising mode and not city mode.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode