Lobsta Rolls, Get Your Lobsta Rolls Here! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Turk
  • 1 Post By Turk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Lobsta Rolls, Get Your Lobsta Rolls Here!

The Versys got some road time this last weekend as well. I had big ambitions to ride up to the White Mountains but local traffic just took all the wind out of my sails so I opted to ride up to Gloucester and ride around the peninsula. I was also jonesing for a lobster roll and I knew the perfect spot.

One of the best places for a lobster roll in the area, restaurant is called Topside and they just added outdoor seating.

No photos but while I was eating a Harley rolled by and it literally dropped it's muffler onto the road. A little roadside work and it was good to go to it's destination according to it's owner.

Not to be outdone by Topside and new player in the land of lobster rolls, Blue Collar Lobster. Sitting oceanside with outdoor seating it's got great atmosphere, next time I'm up that way I will see if the food is a good as the location.

Blue Collar Lobster menu board.

This is kinda cool, a rocking chair made of lobster traps.

One of the neat things about Gloucester is that it's a working-man's town (or working-woman's). It is still an active fishing port with fish processing plants, fisherman and lobster trappers.

Stacks of lobster traps on the dock.

Working my way around the peninsula I made a stop for a frappe or malt at Dairy Maid. Like this place because it's one of the few ice cream shops that serves small portions.

The Versys hanging out at Rockport Granite Pier. I get more comments when I'm at a stop on my Versys than any other bike I've owned.

Afterwards I took a detour through Essex and Ipswich before I made my way home. Not the full day riding extravaganza I planned but nice to be out in good weather taking a ride along the coast.
Morgan2112 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 09:31 AM

Lobster rolls look good.

We used to fly the boss to Boston once a year or so. Loved to cruise up the coast and check out all the little seaside bergs with their fishing boats. Then drop in some hole in the wall lunch spot for some fish and chips. Fun times.

Nice pics too. Is your V orange? The pics look more on the red side.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 10:48 AM

Garage
Looks like some good food and riding!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Lobster rolls look good.

Nice pics too. Is your V orange? The pics look more on the red side.
Yea, it's a matte orange 2016. It's a bugger to photograph as that matte finish plays lots of tricks depending on the current light.
hawkerjet likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode