Why I Don't Ride Angeles Crest Hwy On The Weekends - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Why I Don't Ride Angeles Crest Hwy On The Weekends

This video sums up why i usually only go riding to certain areas during the week days... Dangerous Road if not respected. Too many cars and motorcycles treating the place like a race track and lots of clueless cagers too busy looking at the scenery than the road. This is the same road that i just posted my ride from thursday. Angeles Crest Hwy ( CA-2 )

Smiley likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 08:48 AM

Yea week ends can be crazy. I usually plan rides during the week for this reason.
weljo2001 likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 11:18 AM

That's what race tracks are made for.
These folks carving the road are what give motorcyclists a bad name.
Be safe, obey the laws, live to tomorrow.
Fastoman and weljo2001 like this.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen_53 View Post
that's what race tracks are made for.
These folks carving the road are what give motorcyclists a bad name.
Be safe, obey the laws, live to tomorrow.
I agree...!
Fastoman, weljo2001, Duffy and 1 others like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 02:56 PM

Garage
I don`t ride it because it`s about 2500 miles away.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
]
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
This video sums up why i usually only go riding to certain areas during the week days... Dangerous Road if not respected. Too many cars and motorcycles treating the place like a race track and lots of clueless cagers too busy looking at the scenery than the road. This is the same road that i just posted my ride from thursday. Angeles Crest Hwy ( CA-2 )

https://youtu.be/hwoR_CPqPHY
They are all ****ing idiots! Go to a track where conditions are controlled. Was on the Ortega yesterday. Didnít realize it was the reopening of Hells Kitchen. Just missed the 23 year old female on the crotch rocket that launched herself over the side and died. Just want to slap these people on the helmet when they ride by.
Fastoman and weljo2001 like this.

60% of the time, it works every time
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
They are all ****ing idiots! Go to a track where conditions are controlled. Was on the Ortega yesterday. Didn’t realize it was the reopening of Hells Kitchen. Just missed the 23 year old female on the crotch rocket that launched herself over the side and died. Just want to slap these people on the helmet when they ride by.
Yep i saw that earlier her name was Annette Carrion........
.I've watched some of her video's. She rides with a group of people that use Ortega as a race track. Its a dangerous road that a lot of people don't respect until its too late...Motorcyclist killed in mountain road crash - Valley News

I was wondering if you worked that accident...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-05-2018 at 12:02 AM.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 09:12 PM

Garage
It's the roads fault - or Valentino Rossi's! Too much testosterone.
I guess that I should not whine too much though as I was once the same, but I did need to know all of my riding buddies well before pushing my luck.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep i saw that earlier her name was Annette Carrion........https://youtu.be/DXAwwOGnUcI .I've watched some of her video's. She rides with a group of people that use Ortega as a race track. Its a dangerous road that a lot of people don't respect until its too late...Motorcyclist killed in mountain road crash - Valley News

I was wondering if you worked that accident...

She also road with a female group that seem to crave attention..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-03-2018 at 05:48 PM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 09:35 PM

I just happened to drive by after it happened. Highway Patrol was already there. Reports said she was doing 70-80. That area had the yellow 30mph signs. I watched some of her YouTube videos. Too bad, tragic to say the least, but very preventable. On a side note, I rode up to Crystal Lake today via Azusa. Never been up there, nice ride.
weljo2001 likes this.

60% of the time, it works every time
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I just happened to drive by after it happened. Highway Patrol was already there. Reports said she was doing 70-80. That area had the yellow 30mph signs. I watched some of her YouTube videos. Too bad, tragic to say the least, but very preventable. On a side note, I rode up to Crystal Lake today via Azusa. Never been up there, nice ride.

Crystal Lake is a nice ride. I dropped my Versys 650 in the parking lot there.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 11:05 PM

Sad she had a crash today. But perfect example of don't ride too seriously... Crashing out at these kinds of places hurts really bad!
weljo2001 likes this.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

RIDE RESPONSIBLY.

If these people don't know the difference between a public Road and Race Track they shouldn't be on the bike.
weljo2001 and jensen_53 like this.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just happened to drive by after it happened. Highway Patrol was already there. Reports said she was doing 70-80. That area had the yellow 30mph signs. I watched some of her YouTube videos. Too bad, tragic to say the least, but very preventable....
The GOOD part...?

She did NOT take anyone else out when she crashed....
weljo2001, Duffy, Lurch71 and 1 others like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Used to have family members living at the base in La Canada/Flintridge area.

Drove a car up a ways a few times but never on a bike.

It is on my motorcycle bucket list....during the week of course.
weljo2001 likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 06:50 PM

I prefer GMR, because it's tighter and far less traveled.

The only time I'm on AC is when I'm going/coming from up north the back way, the 2 to Upper Big Tuijunga, which eventually spits you out in Palmdale. Far to many squids and idiot cagers on the 2; which is a shame because it really is a fun road to ride.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
I prefer GMR, because it's tighter and far less traveled.

The only time I'm on AC is when I'm going/coming from up north the back way, the 2 to Upper Big Tuijunga, which eventually spits you out in Palmdale. Far to many squids and idiot cagers on the 2; which is a shame because it really is a fun road to ride.

Haven't been to GMR in a long time...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Angeles Crest Hwy...

Joe - watched that 'news video', and I have to say that there is NO part of me that wants to ride THAT!

(If you've read my posts, looked at my pics - you know that I LOVE "twisties", and I ride LOTS of them [in fact I moved to BC from Alberta for the roads here], but THAT road ain't on my 'bucket-list'...!)

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joe - watched that 'news video', and I have to say that there is NO part of me that wants to ride THAT!

(If you've read my posts, looked at my pics - you know that I LOVE "twisties", and I ride LOTS of them [in fact I moved to BC from Alberta for the roads here], but THAT road ain't on my 'bucket-list'...!)

-

I go during the weekdays and sometimes you only see a handful of cars and maybe a couple of bikes on that road. There are times its like you have the whole road to yourself...... It's the weekends that are dangerous...
Smiley likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode