Street'o cross!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Street'o cross!!

Don't Do this! Responsed to "General" saturday night (10,000 miles). Well myself and my Thumper buddy took that ride sunday afternoon. Highest speed? 68 mph. But then again EVERYWHERE we could manage outside civilization. Yes, I got left by a 40 horse single any where we were NOT doing 40 mph. What a Blast to ride a slow bike fast. He and both ATGATT and we've ridden off and on for 30 yrs. WE planning a 2 day ride toward Suchess GA soon. I'm planning my first track day also. I suggested bout 2/3rds through yesterday that we ONLY ride that hard again OFF the streets. Rush YES, dangerous Yes, stupid YES,YES and then YES> FUN well hell YES.

Lean/Two
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 06:34 AM

I did not understand a single word of that. Well I take that back. I understood each individual word, but not how they were put together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
I did not understand a single word of that. Well I take that back. I understood each individual word, but not how they were put together.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
He must be speaking in the Southern dialect.

Ride while you can
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 PM

I think there is an extension for google chrome to translate to English from intoxicated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA # 49372
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Street o' cross revisited

Quote:
HA! Ha? Unless you ever had your Versys 6' off the ground? Quess you wouldn't understand. Just happens that my friend and I live near some great riding. I know 68 mph doesn't sound "Fast". We have a general riding code that we call the (PACE). We'd have both died years ago without this philosophy. Outside of civilized areas. read no police, we seldom travel faster than 60~65mph. However, we also try to maintain that speed whenever possible. We are not riding interstate highways. We both come from a racing background. Me, I rode motocross and hare scrambles/enduros half my life. He, grew up in Texas with one Mike Kidd. (Professional flattrack racer). We intentionally search out the most crooked paths to our destinations. Paved? Well usually, paved and smooth, seldom. Deals Gap, OH you newbys might know that route as the famous " Dragon" is almost interstate compared to our Sunday afternoon excursion. There's not 1 turn on the entire 11 miles that can compare to the switchbacks on the section of State route 85 up and down the Cumberland mountains between Alpine and Wilder TN. Those names ought to give you a hint. Jim, (my friend with a motarded KTM 640 Adventure and I both agree that anything larger than what we ride, well, is wasted on our kind of "Streets". I've even got to much power to put down off a 12mph uphill switchback without either a power wheelie or excessive wheelspin. That's why I can't stay with his 40 hp thumper, ( that's a single cylinder engine to you newby's!) 12mph, well you try going through there faster? Did I mention elevation bumps? Yeah (excuse).. my "Southern Dialect" 6' of air under both wheels. G outs under hard braking that make scraping pegs possible with little lean angle. Severe off cambers over broken "pavement". Quess you might not know the term (Digging IN) either. It means absolutely and necessary hard trailbreaking to and maybe beyond the apex of a given turn. Much less (Set Chatter) when you've come into a banked turn so hard your suspension is completely bottomed out and both tires begin to (Crab) outward. Riding this way on the street is actually really messing with fate. That's why I started my thread with " Don't Do This"! Now since I've ditched the shorthand and tried to correct my spelling errors, maybe you wantabes can understand? Or do I need to slow down? IN particular someone with the handle "Motopsycho" ?? Well I think you when beyond just funning with a Hillbilly and insulted me.

Lean/Two
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
OK , think i got the story line now...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 05:50 AM

I no zackly wut you say gitten sum air on the woops gotta have the fellin once you off da ground in a lean you can fell the Gs beatin ya down. man, 68MPH you the man you the man fellin that thumper under ya in a good way its the only way takin on the off cambers leaves you wit the sweats but its all good.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 07:57 AM

T, the PACE is definitely the way to ride on the street...challenging and very enjoyable! Sounds like you guys really love riding and have some awesome roads. If you've got a gopro I'd love to see some of the footage. Mountainrider (no longer here or riding) used to share some nice ride stories and footage from around Suches.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode