Indy Moto GP - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Indy Moto GP

So the city of Indianapolis shuts down most of downtown to car/truck traffic and opens it up to just motorcycles when Moto GP comes to town. Last night was said night.

This was my first time seeing such an event and it was pretty amazing.

There was at least 12-15 blocks shut down and at least 3000-4000 motorcycles. My wife and I spent 2 hours walking around searching for another Versys. I had no idea this bike was so rare.

We never found one.

Saw a few V-Storms, lots of BMWs, a few Ducati. The rest was a mix of Harley's and sport bikes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
So the city of Indianapolis shuts down most of downtown to car/truck traffic and opens it up to just motorcycles when Moto GP comes to town. Last night was said night.

This was my first time seeing such an event and it was pretty amazing.

There was at least 12-15 blocks shut down and at least 3000-4000 motorcycles. My wife and I spent 2 hours walking around searching for another Versys. I had no idea this bike was so rare.

We never found one.

Saw a few V-Storms, lots of BMWs, a few Ducati. The rest was a mix of Harley's and sport bikes.

Fascinating! Two Harley guys on the left walking toward the camera (one rather rotund wearing a bandana and black leather vest). On the right a guy in shorts and tennis shoes riding what appears to be a scooter, and on the far right someone - one would hope a female - in what appears to be pink leathers! What an amazing gathering. What a great country.

Can you imagine all those Harleys vibrating in unison? What a harmonic that could be. No, wait. It's probably not possible to get that many running at one time

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

The really funny part is that GENCON is in town also so there were wizards, warlocks, and orcs walking around too.

GENCON is the largest gathering of nerds on the planet. I'm a nerd so its okay I say that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the road always curve in front of you.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 PM

Was there too last night - the 4th year in a row. Really all kinds of bikes there: Mostly Cruisers and Sportbikes but also Adventure-Tourers, Old- and Youngtimer, Cafe Racers - everything...

The MotoGP races at the Speedway and the crowd in downtown Indianapolis are a blast! Paid $110 for a 3-day ticket (Training, Qualifying and Races) with perfect seats (J-Stand).

Link to the race:
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway...ndianapolisgp/

And yes - the Versys is rare. Saw two there last year, only one this year...

Last edited by the1ks; 08-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 02:12 PM

That's awesome. I hope to get there next year and add another Versys to the crowd.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 AM

I'm a loser......I was there Saturday and Sunday (parked at the Hall of Fame) missed going to Meridian to visit friends. I'll be back next year!

A2ron
Charleston, SC
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 08:44 PM

Here's a link to a story and photos I did about the event in a previous year. Definitely a good time.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode