Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Photos Member Rides

27K views 77 replies 40 participants last post by  Jayzonk 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#3 ·
Upload directly to gallery

You don't need to use imgur, you can upload directly to the Gallery http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ine-pictures-into-threads-no-photobucket.html
Then post here, although I am thinking of deleting this thread as the OP that asked for this never ever responded, your the first one to post. As a member you have a total of 1000 photo storage with 60 photos per album, to find your albums click on User CP and then photo albums.

#9 · (Edited)
@Modene
I assume you are talking about my pegs, to be honest, I have my feet up on them 85% of the time, now that I have the new flash, I can stay in 6th gear when coming into reduced speed limits from 100 KM/HR or 80KM/HR to generally 60 KM/HR , I can then accelerate back up using 6th gear. I am 5'7 and have modded my seat, without the pegs I would be down to 3 hours maximum on a ride. I have put in 11 hour rides of 960 KM in one day, that is riding, starting at 9 AM and getting home around midnight. Those pegs are worth their weight in gold, be aware , I can adjust each one for angle with the set screw. Those pegs are 8 years old and still going, with over 60,000 KM on them. Rivco here is a link with more photos. Topic is Life Changing, and I would agree 100%, there are Rivco and then there are others, save some money, buy the best, and I say Rivco wins hands down.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...egs-life-changing.html?highlight=highway+pegs
Funny thing is you had a post in that thread, still thinking about it??

Reactions: Exiled2earth
#13 ·
dbmccrohan and I got out for a really nice, social distancing-approved ride in Western Washington: northeast of Monroe and Sultan (Sultan Basin Rd)...even got a bit of practice off-road.

Check out that beautiful, chalk-colored dirt up in the wheel well of my 2018 Versys 300...discovered that once I got back home in Seattle :)

Stay safe out there,

-Versys in Seattle

Attachments

#14 ·
Really nice ride over the weekend with forum member dbmccrohan from the Seattle area to Plain, Washington via HWY 2/Stevens Pass (with a detour along Lake Wenatchee and a bit of dirt riding).

My only sibling/older brother Jason was killed while driving his Toyota truck on the same HWY 2 about 2 1/2 months prior (five miles west of the Stevens Pass summit); he was driving with his wife and their dogs to be the best man in his friend's wedding when they were hit by an oncoming truck.

My brother and I reconnected in the months before his death over a mutual love of motorcycles; in fact many of my Versys' mods [the black 2018 300-X in the photos] were done together in our parent's garage after our dad died in late October 2019.

This particular moto ride was a great way to remember and celebrate him. One of many reasons why I'm so thankful to be out there on two wheels these days.

Clocked about 250 miles round trip. And it was 80+ degrees. In Western Washington. In May. Unheard of!

-Versys in Seattle

Attachments

#23 ·
Spent the last two days rambling around Kitsap, Jefferson, and Mason counties in WA with a good friend and his GS. Toured some excellent and quiet roads near Tahuya ORV park on Thursday. I even managed to get my V650 actually off-road (not just off-pavement) for the first time, doing a short stretch of the easiest 4x4 trail at Tahuya. Will definitely be back for more of it in the future. Today we ventured into the NE corner of the Olympic foothills near Sequim, WA, riding up to an antenna site at about 1700 feet - still safely below the snow level in that relatively dry corner of western WA. Nice network of dirt forest service roads thru sections of recent clear cuts, yielding excellent views of the Olympics, Mt Baker, Rainier, and Puget Sound.

Attachments

#28 ·
Is it just me or do the newer split eye style of headlights look like the bike is angry? I've gotten allot of hate at the 09 "stacked" lights.

I like both, especially in Green. I cant get past the massive difference in fairings on the 1 and 2 gen to the 3rd gen. Weight difference and seeming performance. I guess I am jealous of both the newer styles. But like a kid in a candy store, I still have allot of fun on the one I got.