2012 Laguna Seca Red Bull MotoGP - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2012 Laguna Seca Red Bull MotoGP

Again, riding up from San Diego to Laguna Seca for the Red Bull MotoGP. If any other Versys riders are coming, stop by our campsite and have a few beers, watch the race, Say "Hi", whatever.....I will be camping out on Fox Hill with a bright yellow 2009 Versys parked next to a BMW 1200GS. We are right on the SouthWest rim of Fox Hill and can see about 4-5 corners of the track from our site......Here's a thread(including video) of last years trip..

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ht=Laguna+Seca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 01:37 AM

great vid! Probably my favorite Jane's Addiction song. Brings me back about 20 years...hard to believe it's been that long!

Looks like a fun time!

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Tenover, my buddy and I are heading up to Laguna Seca as well. In 2010 we were able to get in free on Sat and Sunday, was wondering how they check tickets for camping at Fox Hill? When I called, they said camping was $50 a night and you needed tickets. Do they check the tickets when you pull up? Is it possible for 1 set of tickets to be bought and I do a switcharoo with my buddy? Thanks

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

We pay for all our tickets every year, and the only set that gets checked regularly is the Paddock passes, and that's only after Thursday. I think they wanted to see a camping pass the first year we went for Fox Hill, but we've never been asked to show passes once on the hill in the last 4 years. There's a few guys up there that come up and have NO tickets for anything. When you buy a night at Fox Hill, you also get a "Support Vehicle" pass, so one ticket covers two bikes.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM

Ok cool. So, when you arrive at fox hill don't they check you for admission tickets right then and there? Looks like we will be seeing you up there
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

I can only speak from personal experience.....We get there on Thursday morning, and I don't think we've ever been checked for any passes then. We "may" have been asked for a Fox Hill pass coming in on a busy Friday afternoon....Can't remember. Obviously, it's best to just pay for the few nights if you can and be on the up and up, but it's your call. If you DO show up, be sure to come have a beer or two with us up on the hill. PM me your cell#.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 11:01 PM

Will do, I already bought tickets for fox hill friday and sat night. We will be camping so, we will for sure be up there. Pm coming to your inbox
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Got it...One other thing.....We even sleep on Fox Hill on Sunday and leave early (6:00am) on Monday to avoid the crazy traffic and drunk riders leaving the race....We've never been checked or charged on the way out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Here's the little video I made of this years ride up to Laguna Seca and back for the 2012 Red Bull MotoGP. The REAL bummer is that my "buddies" kept telling me that the camera was angled to high while we were riding, so I kept moving it down.......when I got home and watched the footage, it was all concrete!! The footage of any riding you see in the video was all I could salavage....I was pissed. Whatever, it was super fun anyway....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode