The Versys is almost complete - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
The Versys is almost complete

I have to say almost because there will always be one more thing. LOL!

Kawasaki Vario Windscreen
Kawasaki Heated Grips
Kawasaki 12V accessory outlet
Kawasaki Side Case racks
GIVI V35 saddlebags moved over from my Ninja 650
Admorelighting LED run/turn/brake lights in the saddlebags
Kawasaki color matched panels for the saddlebags
Pyramid Color matched rear hugger
SW-Motech engine guards
SW-Motech highway pegs
Denali LED running lights
SW-Motech mounts for running lights
Kawasaki Versys tank pad
Billet Aluminum swingarm spools
Pyramid front fender extender
Evotech Radiator Guard
Kawasaki hand guards with color matched covers
SW-Motech vibration damping GPS mount
RAM GPS Cradle
Custom made seat by Terry Adcox

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Yea I've said That Before Too.Nice seat...More info please

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post

Never Mind...Answered my own question.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-650...t_10084wt_1165

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I saw this ad on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-650...0a3f27&vxp=mtr

Found out that Terry is only 60 miles of spectacular twisty backroads away from me. Stopped in one day and had a conversation with him. Told him that the passenger part of my seat kills my tailbone and I want it gone ant want to be able to move around on the seat.

It works well so far. I can slide forward and have a twisty road shredding riding position and then slide back and get a lot of support for droning down a straight road.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I saw this ad on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-650...0a3f27&vxp=mtr

Found out that Terry is only 60 miles of spectacular twisty backroads away from me. Stopped in one day and had a conversation with him. Told him that the passenger part of my seat kills my tailbone and I want it gone ant want to be able to move around on the seat.

It works well so far. I can slide forward and have a twisty road shredding riding position and then slide back and get a lot of support for droning down a straight road.

Whats your height & inseam i like how the hump is gone and your able to sit back more

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Whats your height & inseam i like how the hump is gone and your able to sit back more
5'11". Barefoot inseam 32.

I didn't like being locked in by the stock seat and the extra width is nice. I do have to slide forward when stopped, but I don't stop much.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
5'11". Barefoot inseam 32.

I didn't like being locked in by the stock seat and the extra width is nice. I do have to slide forward when stopped, but I don't stop much.

Yea when i saw it the front reminded me of my Russell Day Long and when coming up to a stop you would have to slide up.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Very nice!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 AM

Factory tires....ride more

IBA # 49372
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsycho View Post
Factory tires....ride more
Closing in on 8000 miles and only had the bike one year. BTW, I did ride over 24,000 miles in 2011. Just not all on the Versys.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Wow that looks great. Didn't you just get a C14? Tough choice deciding which toy to ride? BTW, congratulations on both of them. They both are awesome.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Closing in on 8000 miles and only had the bike one year. BTW, I did ride over 24,000 miles in 2011. Just not all on the Versys.
I was gonna say look how many bikes you have. Ride more lol right.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madone1 View Post
Wow that looks great. Didn't you just get a C14? Tough choice deciding which toy to ride? BTW, congratulations on both of them. They both are awesome.
Thanks. The Versys is the bike I set the GPS on shortest distance and just follow it. Have seen some interesting roads doing that. Roads that I would never consider riding the C14 on.

I do need to update my signature photos. Sold the KLR and the Nomad.

Current Stable is the Versys, Voyager, Mean Streak, Concours, and a '93 XR250L.

No other hobbies and no personal car.

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 PM

So how can I acquire a seat lil that. Not concerned with a passenger. I want a 1 level seat that I can move all around on like that.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Terry Adcox built the seat. He sells custom seats on ebay.

You can contact him at [email protected]

He also owns a kawasaki shop in Tullahoma, TN.

My Versys Travels:

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
No other hobbies and no personal car.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Just sent my seat off to Terry to have it done the same way as yours. That hump in all the seats i've had has always bothered me even on the Baldwin which was my favorite. The great thing is the cost is about the same as a used piece of shiit Corbin. So with the lower back portion of the seat and removing the grab handles it'll be a breeze geting the old leg over.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Just got a call from Terry. My seats done and he put it on his sons versys to take some photos for me to see. I wanted mine done just like the OP but just had the front built up 3/4 of an inch. Heres the photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...7630183412044/ will give my thoughts on the seat when it arrives. Really like the looks of the seat and only have $325.00 invested. That includes shipping my stock seat off and the shipping of the new one.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Where did you get the color matched covers for the V35's and hand guards? That looks super sharp (My versys is also red!)
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 AM

The bike looks great TwoWheel. Every time I see that Barn in the background in your pictures, I think someday, someone will find some very nice Barn Finds in the future.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode