Americade 2012 - Anyone Going? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Americade 2012 - Anyone Going?

As usual, I am taking my annual vacation to Lake George NY for Americade 2012 for the whole week. My focus this year, besides spending 1 or 2 days demoing, will be to stop at the GIVI dealer and check out side luggage

There are usually upwards of 60k+ bikes up there, of all Genre's. But I almost never see another V.

Any other V's going to Americade?

Farkles:
Givi Tall Windscreen, Givi Top Rack and Case, Givi V35 Bags and Mounts, Givi QuickLock Tank Connector+Bag, Oxford Heated Grips, Nuvi 550 w/ Ram Mount, Barkbusters Full Wrap + Storm, Motowerks Flatfoot, Spools and Tank Protector, Bobbed Fender, Grip Puppies, 12v SAE Socket, Packjack, Airhawk 1 (med), Scala Rider G4, Contour Roam2

Next Stop: 44Tooth Sprocket (To be installed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naudan View Post

There are usually upwards of 60k+ bikes up there...

...exactly why I go elsewhere that week.

To each his own, have a good time, but it's just too many people in one place for me. I went once...that was plenty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2019 F750GS
2014 R1200RT
2008 Versys (SOLD 11/19)
2003 ST1300ABS (SOLD 5/15)
IBA 59868

Last edited by Bones; 05-07-2012 at 01:59 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
...exactly why I go elsewhere that week.

To each his own, have a good time, but it's just too many people in one place for me. I went once...that was plenty.
Yeah there are a lot but to me its fun. Its also one of the only times ill ever get to demo SOOOO many bikes The area has sooo much great riding. Its not like you spend the whole day in traffic or something.

If you go into the main town, where the demos are ,etc. there are a lot of bikes, but that is some of the fun

Also I get to go to the Givi dealer and check out all the bags in person before laying out 500-$1000 bucks. Plus I love camping with my friends.

However, to each their own!

Farkles:
Givi Tall Windscreen, Givi Top Rack and Case, Givi V35 Bags and Mounts, Givi QuickLock Tank Connector+Bag, Oxford Heated Grips, Nuvi 550 w/ Ram Mount, Barkbusters Full Wrap + Storm, Motowerks Flatfoot, Spools and Tank Protector, Bobbed Fender, Grip Puppies, 12v SAE Socket, Packjack, Airhawk 1 (med), Scala Rider G4, Contour Roam2

Last edited by naudan; 05-07-2012 at 03:17 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 03:18 PM

Garage
Ive been a few times in the past and felt it was a waste. Other than the Givi, and Twisted Throttle booths I could find nothing that interested me. There were just to many people there as well.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
Ive been a few times in the past and felt it was a waste. Other than the Givi, and Twisted Throttle booths I could find nothing that interested me. There were just to many people there as well.
Yeah not many booths and the Twisted Throttle booth SUCKS. I was so disappointed -- all there stuff there was for "show" you could hardly buy anything. I was like.. WTF.

60% of the reason I go is for demo riding. I spend a solid 2 days demoing bikes from all the manufacturers. Wake up at 6am , sign up for all your rides by 9am then ride the entire day on different bikes.

Farkles:

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 05:43 PM

Didn't mean to rain on your parade...have fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2019 F750GS
2014 R1200RT
2008 Versys (SOLD 11/19)
2003 ST1300ABS (SOLD 5/15)
IBA 59868
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by naudan View Post
Yeah not many booths and the Twisted Throttle booth SUCKS. I was so disappointed -- all there stuff there was for "show" you could hardly buy anything. I was like.. WTF.
I thought the boot was pretty cool. They had almost all of the stuff I was considering buying from them, except the 1 thing I decided I did want to buy(throttle lock). But they shipped it next day from there warehouse for me, and it was waiting at my house for me.

I enjoyed the trip overall. Got to spend some nice time with my dad riding around, and stayed fro free at my aunts lake house. But I can do all of that without all of the other crap that goes with Americade personally.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 PM

Have fun, it will be what you make it. Try posting up just before the ride, you might find another V that wants to meet. You won't find one otherwise, imho.

My Album:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in