My 2011 Versys Tourer so far... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
My 2011 Versys Tourer so far...

The items I have added to my Versys to turn it into a backroads tourer.

Powerbronze Flip dark tint windscreen
Denali LED driving lights
SW Motech Auxiliary Light Mounts
Pyramid Front Fender extender
Evotech Radiator Guard
SW Motech Engine Guard
SW Motech Highway pegs and mounts
Kawasaki Genuine Accessories Heated Grips
Kawasaki Genuine Accessories 12v outlet
SW Motech Vibration damping GPS mount
Kawasaki Genuine Accessories Tank protector
Kawasaki Genuine Accessories Givi V35 mounting brackets
Givi V35 saddlebags
Admorelighting LED tail lights for the Givi bags
Kawasaki Genuine Accessories Color matched panel for the Givi bags.
Kawasaki Genuine Accessories Color matched hand guards

If anyone has any questions about any of the products I have installed post it here or send me a PM.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by twowheeladdict; 03-03-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks great.

How did you install the Denali LEDs? I've contemplated replacing the 55 watt driving lights on my V with lights that draw less current, which the 10 watt Denalis certainly do. Wiring is set, I'm interested in where and how they physically attach to your bike. Thanks.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2019 F750GS
2014 R1200RT
2008 Versys (SOLD 11/19)
2003 ST1300ABS (SOLD 5/15)
IBA 59868
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Hit the road and post some pictures

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Looks great.

How did you install the Denali LEDs? I've contemplated replacing the 55 watt driving lights on my V with lights that draw less current, which the 10 watt Denalis certainly do. Wiring is set, I'm interested in where and how they physically attach to your bike. Thanks.
Forgot to add that to the list. SW Motech Light mounts

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/5666/788/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Hit the road and post some pictures

I bought the bike last May. Of the 24,000 miles I rode in 2011, 7,000 were on the Versys. Just wanted to list all my mods in one location. Have a few more to go.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 10:57 AM

Hi there, my questions are about your Powerbronze screen. How tall are you and how much improvement is it over the stock? Hows the riding with the dark screen at night time? Thank you.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra View Post
Hi there, my questions are about your Powerbronze screen. How tall are you and how much improvement is it over the stock? Hows the riding with the dark screen at night time? Thank you.
Definitely an improvement over the stock screen. I have it set in the lowest setting, but even in the highest setting it is not in my vision at all. I have to almost lay on the tank to get my eyes where they are just looking over the screen. I'm 5'11".

I still want the genuine kawasaki accessory vario windscreen, but I don't like the US version with the clear screen on top. going to go for the european one that has light tint on the top half of the screen.

Check out this photo of my dark tint screen on the Voyager. It isn't even in my field of view at all.

My wife got a new camera for Christmas so I do need to get out and have her take photos of me riding this spring.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:36 AM

Cool bikes... cool farkles...

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 11:17 AM

I really like the looks of the OEM side cases, but at nearly $1000 I can't quite get myself to add that on to the cost of the bike...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Think it's a nice set up also. Doing something similar myself but will be scaled down

Planning a ride to the left coast to ride top to bottom, and camp along the way.

One thing to add, the 2011 RED is actually a very nice color. But seems it's a real biatch to photograph it well. Just tried a bunch of "white balance" settings and didn't like the results of any of them.

This is a pic I found on the web, color rendition is spot on, probably done very professionally...

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
I really like the looks of the OEM side cases, but at nearly $1000 I can't quite get myself to add that on to the cost of the bike...
I've had the V35s for several years now. I had them on my '07 Ninja 650R and then moved them over to the Versys. If I ever replace the Versys, the bike that replaces it will be able to take the V35s. I negotiated a 20% discount on anything I buy at my local dealership and I got my '11 for around $6200 OTD so I had some room for accessories.

My Ninja was Candy Plasma Blue. Sold the color matched panels to someone on this forum and bought the Red color matched panels. Sold the brackets on the Ninja forum. I think I will get my money's worth out of those bags. They have already seen 20,000 miles.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM

Cool. So it seems like the OEM bags are just rebadged V35s, and the Kawasaki OEM color panels will fit on the Givi V35s. I think I ought to be able to save a little money going that route...
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
Cool. So it seems like the OEM bags are just rebadged V35s, and the Kawasaki OEM color panels will fit on the Givi V35s. I think I ought to be able to save a little money going that route...
Best price I found back when I bought mine was at www.sporttour.com

If you would like to have the Versys or Kawasaki label on the bags negotiate with your dealer and see if he will match sporttour's price.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode