some photos to share on our recent ride to Kanchanaburi, Thailand, visiting the Bridge over the River Kwai, War Museum and Tiger Temple. It was an easy ten day trip covering 3000 km. The roads in Thailand are very good. Usually two or three lane toll free highways in each direction, separated by a tree lined shallow ditch. Cost of 95 Ron petrol is twice that in Msia (RM4 against RM1.90 per litre). An enjoyable ride to visit an historical WWII site. So much is owed by so many to so few. We Remember.
Burma Railway : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma_Railway
Tiger Temple : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Temple
Mini Stats :
1. Total Distance Covered : 3169 km (1970 miles) over ten days.
2. Towns Visited (Thailand) : Hatyai, Chumphon, Kanchanaburi, Hua Hin, Surat Thani.
3. Fuel Consumed (2008 Versys) : 132.56 Litres (35.02 US gallons).
4. Average Fuel Consumption : 23.91 km/L (56.24 miles/US gallon).
5. Motorcycles : Kawasaki Versys (2008), Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 cc (2011) and Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (1995).
6. Equipment : Garmin Nuvi 500, Yaesu FT270R walkie talkies with PTT head sets for bike to bike communication.
oops, unable to post photos.
hve emailed them to fastoman/steve n get their help to upload. TQ sirs.