Fall pictures - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Fall pictures

Did not venture very far this weekend. Saving money to go to Barber next weekend. The leaves are changing but the temps are still warm. The 9th and 10th pictures down are where I live at. Nice and woody.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

I made a little video at daybreak of the leaves on the road and the fall colors. The colors did not show up like I wanted them to. It must have been a little to dark.
http://media.putfile.com/Versys-in-the-Fall

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 08:18 PM

beautiful!

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

In the fourth picture down is a thong tree. I have passed that tree a thousand times and never knew that is was something that the indians used to mark trails with.

Early Native Americans marked trails with trees, bent to grow in an unusual fashion. Called thong trees, they are found throughout the eastern United States and were created to mark trails, springs, herbs used for medicinal purposes, salt supplies, and caves, etc...

Old-timers sometimes referred to the trees as "water trees" because they pointed to a spring or a river or 'buffalo trees" because the Native American women would air their buffalo hides over the bent trees.

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 PM

watched the vid, good work, very jealous of those roads
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 06:06 AM

mountainrider cheats! He lives in the mountains and gets to ride those roads everyday!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
mountainrider cheats! He lives in the mountains and gets to ride those roads everyday!
With very little traffic

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 06:13 AM

OK, quit bragging! I will be gone the next two weekends, but I need to get up and try to follow you around "your" trails again!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

10-15-08

Last edited by mountainrider; 10-15-2008 at 06:48 PM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Another great weekend in north Ga. so I hit some back roads. Had them to myself. The Versys just makes this stuff to easy.

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 06:26 PM

Nice shots. We need to put a tracking device on you so we can find these roads...or maybe I should just get my butt up there and follow you around.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 06:30 PM

Awesome

Todd
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

I could use some company. Have to take it sort of slow on the gravel roads because of the nerves in my back. The constant motion really gets to them. The Versys handles these types of roads just fine. It is the best bike ever.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 PM

I used to live in some great scenery: Upstate New York, Alaska, VA. I live in Cut'n'Shoot, Texas now. Nott lotta visual aesthetics in this part of the world comparatively speaking. On my daily ride to work I skirt the Sam Houston Forest for about ten miles, that's about as good as it gets here and I soak it up every day in those tem miles. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your scenery.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM

Oct. 26 at Speedwell Forge in Lancaster County, PA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fallLeft.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	1504   Click image for larger version

Name:	fallRight.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1505  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Nice pictures.

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 06:41 PM

Nice pics. moutainrider. I can't seem to be able to figure out how to post any pics. on this forum. I don't know if they are to big or what. Do you have any ideas? Appreciate any info. THANKS
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYES View Post
Nice pics. moutainrider. I can't seem to be able to figure out how to post any pics. on this forum. I don't know if they are to big or what. Do you have any ideas? Appreciate any info. THANKS
I use photobucket. If you want to upload from your computer pictures you will have to down size them.

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

We had another great day to ride. The weather was near perfect. Started out a little cool but it warmed up. Had not been on Joe Brown Hwy near Murphy N.C. in a while. It is great ride but the pavement is rough. Thought I was going to die before we got to smooth pavement. Will have to soften the Versys up before doing that again.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 05:44 PM

Sorry I missed it, but I now have heated gloves, installed the lights on the V35 cases. I am ready for next weekend.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode