Up A Creek w/ paddle O’ plenty. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Up A Creek w/ paddle O’ plenty.

5 minutes of Versys bliss on a not for the meek 1 ¼ laner cached away in the southernmost Alleghenies. Master of the Tejas talkin’ blues Ray Wiley Hubbard accompanied by his son Lucas on lead bring a tune.

Montani Semper Liberi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 06:48 AM

That was great, thanks for sharing that. Man I can't wait for spring.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowcat13 View Post
That was great, thanks for sharing that. Man I can't wait for spring.
Thanks for taking the time to watch. Weather here looks good enough to ride today and I have the day off...hmmmm.

Montani Semper Liberi

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 AM

Sadly when I woke up the roads were a bit frosty and the air temp was right around 22 degrees and my wife has enforced the strict "if it is really cold the sun has to be up to ride in to work" rule. So to keep her happy no motorcycle for me till I get home. She is my safety officer. Of course there are just some days I have to override that position

Loved that video. Hope you have a good ride today. Air temp should heat up to about 48 to the east of you in Frederick, MD so hopefully I'll pound out a nice 80ish mile ride when I get home.

"Why do I ride?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Sadly when I woke up the roads were a bit frosty and the air temp was right around 22 degrees and my wife has enforced the strict "if it is really cold the sun has to be up to ride in to work" rule. So to keep her happy no motorcycle for me till I get home. She is my safety officer. Of course there are just some days I have to override that position

Loved that video. Hope you have a good ride today. Air temp should heat up to about 48 to the east of you in Frederick, MD so hopefully I'll pound out a nice 80ish mile ride when I get home.

Sounds like you are a wise man...yes dear...usually the most productive answer!

Thank you. Temps to my immediate south 55-60 this afternoon. Gonna be good. Hard to believe there is snow on my driveway...Ma Nature's yo-yo.

You have a goodun this afternoon.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Forgot to mention that track made me want to grab my bass or my harmonica (I play badly).

Are you using a gopro to snag the video?

"Why do I ride?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM

Looks like fun. We have had nothing but freezing and dry or luke warm and wet for a month. Poor bike is getting pissed that only the dual sport is getting ridden.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Wow what a road! Thanks for the vid! Some of us further north are trying to keep the riding season going but, here in ny unfortunately iit snowed like 1/4" so now we have 1/2" of salt on all the roads so unless it rains, i think i might be done until spring

Bikes:
65cc Benelli Dynamo
Yamaha ttr-125
Kawasaki KX-125
Yamaha Yz426-f (current)
2010 Kawasaki Versys! (very current and loving it!)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Great Video. Love those kinds of roads. Hard to watch when you can't get out on the bike though. Been stuck in the house for a month now. So bored i wish someone would just shoot me. Keep the Videos coming.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Forgot to mention that track made me want to grab my bass or my harmonica (I play badly).

Are you using a gopro to snag the video?
Ray Wiley only appeals to the deranged ya know.

Camera is a cheap FlipCam w/ high tech velcro mount to the ID patch on my safety vest w/ tether to zipper pull for redundancy...cheap but sufficient.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

@ dxhFZ & kenr74...hope you guys catch a break in the weather. Riding here has been doable all of Dec. Unusual. Ends Monday though with 10* forecasted lows and "significant accumulations." Whatever that means?

THINK SPRING!

Montani Semper Liberi
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Great Video. Love those kinds of roads. Hard to watch when you can't get out on the bike though. Been stuck in the house for a month now. So bored i wish someone would just shoot me. Keep the Videos coming.....
Joe, I think I asked over in your thread but not sure I revisited to see...Are you healing? Sure hope so.

I rode Nubbin' Ridge today. It's where Hank Williams, Sr. met his maker. Would not want to imbibe anything stronger than sweet tea before tackling that journey. Rough pavement (it was dirt in his day) but a coupla great overlooks. Camera never left the tank bag though was trying to beat the setting sun home. Maybe next time.

Montani Semper Liberi

Last edited by spklbuk; 12-30-2011 at 05:21 PM.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spklbuk View Post
Joe, I think I asked over in your thread but not sure I revisited to see...Are you healing? Sure hope so.

I rode Nubbin' Ridge today. It's where Hank Williams, Sr. met his maker. Would not want to imbibe anything stronger than sweet tea before tackling that journey. Rough pavement (it was dirt in his day) but a coupla great overlooks. Camera never left the tank bag though was trying to beat the setting sun home. Maybe next time.

Doing Good shouldn't be down too much longer. Love your videos I'm just jealous

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 PM

It rained today and the salt has been washed from the road Unfortunately it's supposed to be a high of 17F here tomorrow then snow again

I maintain that WV has some of the best roads in the country, especially up in the mountains, beautiful place where you live spkl!
Hopefully i'll get a chance this spring/summer to get out your way and hit some of your epic roads

Bikes:
65cc Benelli Dynamo
Yamaha ttr-125
Kawasaki KX-125
Yamaha Yz426-f (current)
2010 Kawasaki Versys! (very current and loving it!)
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 08:14 PM

Wow, nice ride, hot lady, 68 Camaro SS. Ya kind of covered it all in that video. Very nicely done.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Great vid! Went for an Arizona ride today with a friend on his Honda 700: Hwy 79 north to 60, then east to Globe, north on 188 till 288, then to the end-of-pavement at 5965'ASL.

By the time we got back to Superior we had to stop to remove stuff (my Tourmaster jacket liner...) 'cause it was up to 73F. Then we did the "loop" through Queen Valley which then rejoins 79 at Florence Junction.

Got home with 198 miles on the odo, and 4 hours, 40 minutes on the watch.
PRETTY tough day...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhFZ View Post
It rained today and the salt has been washed from the road Unfortunately it's supposed to be a high of 17F here tomorrow then snow again

I maintain that WV has some of the best roads in the country, especially up in the mountains, beautiful place where you live spkl!
Hopefully i'll get a chance this spring/summer to get out your way and hit some of your epic roads
Venture into the southern mountains. Not as aesthethic due to coal and timber industries compared to the northern touristy mountain portion, but the riding is mo' better IMO. Give a shout if you want some company.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Thumper and fasteddie. I was just trying to keep up with Ray Wiley's soundtrack!

fasteddie...73*...man that is just wrong. I hope to see that part of the country on a bike some 'winter' if this work thing ever gets out of the way.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Great looking road, love the tune. That type of road is best with leaves off trees for the sight lines, would need to ride more carefully in summer.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
That type of road is best with leaves off trees for the sight lines, would need to ride more carefully in summer.
You called that one spot on...I knew I was catching up to the pickup about 3 or 4 turns ahead. I cruise like it's raining if I have occasion to pass that way w/ leaves out.

Montani Semper Liberi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in