September trip in Corsica with my "TGV" - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
September trip in Corsica with my "TGV"

Hello all,

It's been since a long time that I've not posted there because of work, lots of things to do and I'd like to share some pics I've done in Corsica in september.

If you're interested in, and if you understand French, here is the topic I've done for this roadtrip on the French forum of ER6 and Versys owners:

http://www.kawette.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44614

Here are several pics done, the best one per day:

Gorges du Verdon

Ajaccio

Pianotolli-Caldarello (extreme south of Corsica)

Near Porto-Vecchio

Rocapina

Bavella

Typical South-Corsica Beach

Waterfall of Piscia di Ghjallu

Bonifacio

A Tonnara

On the road for Bastia

If you'd like to see more pics of our "adventures", pay attention to CR folder and check those written by "yven69" but also "Fih"'s and this thread:

http://www.kawette.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=40277

In this one, you'll have the opportunity to travel across France essentially. Some pics are so awesome.

Hope you'll like it ;-)

Just to precise : TGV stands for "Tracteur à Grande Vitesse"; just a play on words with the French fastest train name

See ya!

"Un intellectuel assis va toujours moins loin qu'un con qui marche" (Michel Audiard)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 15/09/09 : 9948km - 02/04/12 : 71283 + 53km
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 04:09 AM

Wow. Very nice.

Corsica (and Sardinia) are so beautiful. Only trouble is that they are islands.
I'm not familiar with French. Can you tell us a little about your trip?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

To sum up,

With a friend of mine, we have decided to go to Corsica at her family's second home. For her, it has been since 2007 that she never went back to her island.

The first day, we went from Ambérieu-en-Bugey to Nice across Route Napoléon essentially.
Good pavement, good roads, a bit twisty and I experienced one fall in front of the cops and also a burnt headlight (the 6th in 61000km).
Then we took the boat from Nice to Ajaccio on the same day. Sleep at Ajaccio.

The second day, we moved from Ajaccio to Pianotolli-Caldarello, at about 15km of Bonifacio. For me it was the first that I went to Corsica. Their way of driving there is ... particular

Then we went to Bonifacio, Porto-Vecchio, Zonza, Aullène, Col de Bacinu, Sartène, Aiguilles de Bavella...

One of the best moment was on twisty D396 between Porto-Vecchio and Zonza. About 40km in heaven, a Corsican R1200GS was opening the road at an high level of angle and speed, if you get the point . My V650 was not so ridiculous...

We made also some trips by boat and I'll never forget the view from the sea of Bonifacio. Priceless!

We stayed about 10 days overthere and it's a place I'll never forget.
Its nickname "Île de Beauté" is REAL. Moreover, we were very lucky because we had sunshine all along our holidays!

Also, the native people are fabulous. They will help you when you are in trouble, pretty open-minded... When I go to another place, I enjoy meeting people, talking with them in order to discover their habtis, their way of thinking, their culture...

It was an heartache to leave this place.
We stayed essentially in the south, excepted for catching the ferryboat at Bastia to Toulon.

Then I moved to Aix-en-Provence to meet an old friend of mine and then went back to my mountains.

Probably within two years, I'll go back to but rather visiting the North (Île-Rousse, Cap Corse, Désert des Agriates...).

"Un intellectuel assis va toujours moins loin qu'un con qui marche" (Michel Audiard)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 15/09/09 : 9948km - 02/04/12 : 71283 + 53km

Last edited by banditmaniak600; 12-07-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode