Versys go pro ... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys go pro ...

This is my first test on the Versys with my GoPro.

Quite boring I know. I don't do wheelies, or stoppies or any hard cornering.

... well, I have been riding bikes for only 2 months, so I'm still more than a little careful riding in general.

But I have to show off my new bike somehow ...

I have to say, I LOVE that engine. I like that deep rumbling sound it makes and I love that low RPM punch it has (unlike the Ninja 250, the first bike I owned).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Very nice.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 02:10 AM

I like that lower left perspective. That GoPro works well... You move your left foot back a lot, whenever you're not shifting.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
... You move your left foot back a lot, whenever you're not shifting.
I don’t know why he does it but FWIW, I cruise with the arch of my foot on the peg but when I’m in the twisties I slide it back & put the ball of my foot on it so my boot doesn’t hit the ground.

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 AM

I enjoyed! It was a little long for my attention span though. Like the color of yours better than mine (08). Are those Bilt boots you have on there?? I bought a pair and they are really comfy and cheap (like me).
We gotta get you down to WV and let you have some fun in the mountains.
Hell, you may not go back..............
Ride safe and hang on to that "careful attitude"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
I donít know why he does it but FWIW, I cruise with the arch of my foot on the peg but when Iím in the twisties I slide it back & put the ball of my foot on it so my boot doesnít hit the ground.
I guess if you video my foot i would be doing same thing as ride 90 % of time with balls of feet on pegs, bit weird i do it even on long straights.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I like that lower left perspective. That GoPro works well... You move your left foot back a lot, whenever you're not shifting.
Funny you should mention it: I put the camera there exactly to watch what my foot was doing.

In fact these videos are more for me to analyze my riding habits and figure out if I need improvement in some areas.

Moving my foot back is a habit I developed during the MSF class because one of the instructors said: if you are shifting, move your foot forward and use the shifter. If you are not shifting, put the ball of your foot on the foot peg and leave it there:

1 - you won't accidentally slide it and hit the gear shifter
2 - you give more room to the ground in case you need to lean hard

Or something along those lines.

Bottom line: it was hard to do at first, but once you get used to it you don't think about it.

If I have to shift my foot moves forward. If I don't have to shift, I put the ball of my foot on the foot peg.

Watch this guy: he does the same thing.

Between 1:15 and 1:25 (if you want to just skip ... although the whole video is pretty cool ... far cooler than mine).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegeezer View Post
I enjoyed! It was a little long for my attention span though. Like the color of yours better than mine (08). Are those Bilt boots you have on there?? I bought a pair and they are really comfy and cheap (like me).
We gotta get you down to WV and let you have some fun in the mountains.
Hell, you may not go back..............
Ride safe and hang on to that "careful attitude"
No they are Tourmasters ... but they were super cheap (they were surplus inventory for an older type).

They were my first boots and I bought them cheap at a time when I didn't know if I would like riding or not so I didn't want to invest too much money in gear.

Turns out that they are really good boots.

It turns out I really love riding as well ... so I might actually take you on that offer to come to WV. Maybe in spring ... It may surprise to know you that I spent 99% of my time in NJ and never actually went anywhere else.

I went to Cincinnati a few times. Indianapolis once, San Francisco once and Florida twice.

That's about it ... You can count on the fingers of one hand the places I've been in the US.

I gotta get out more ...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Rider View Post

It turns out I really love riding as well ... so I might actually take you on that offer to come to WV. Maybe in spring ... It may surprise to know you that I spent 99% of my time in NJ and never actually went anywhere else.

I went to Cincinnati a few times. Indianapolis once, San Francisco once and Florida twice.

That's about it ... You can count on the fingers of one hand the places I've been in the US.

I gotta get out more ...
If thats the case you have a lot of great exploring to do, and what better way to do it than on a motorcycle! Good on ya, come on down (in the spring).
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 09:22 PM

I like the view from the top of your helmet...would be nice to hear the engine from that viewpoint like you do when the camera is mounted behind your foot. Excellent!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDTransplant View Post
I like the view from the top of your helmet...would be nice to hear the engine from that viewpoint like you do when the camera is mounted behind your foot. Excellent!
I'm trying to resolve that problem ... I need to get a digital recorder and I am going to put the mike in my helmet.

When the cam is on top of the helmet all you can hear is wind past 30 mph ... and it gets really loud and it wipes everything else out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode