DelMarVa V Riders Pre-Halloween ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
DelMarVa V Riders Pre-Halloween ride

Fellow forum member Stallhorn has suggested a meet-up for DelMarVa riders on the 29th of October in Washington, DC. I would like to suggest that instead of lunch we do a meet-up for breakfast (somewhere strategic to most of us) and than a group ride to Skyline Drive from Front Royal via Hume,Va or anyplace you guys want to go. What say you?

Gerald
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Gerald,

That sounds a lot better than what I suggested. Thanks for bringing it up!

Unfortunately I have about half day on Saturday the 29th... so I don't think I can do it that day. Getting to Front Royal and back will take me 4 hours of riding plus whatever we end up doing together.. if we push it out a week, I may be able to do it..

Let me know..

Now I am thinking about it.. I may go out there tomorrow and see what it is like. I don't have a whole lot to do after about 11 am.

Shawn.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Hey Shawn!

My neighbor (he has a KLR650) and i are thinking of riding this Sunday to Harper's Ferry or even to Gettysburg. There won't be a lot of twisty roads to enjoy but if you don't have anything to do, you might enjoy the ride. We could meet up somewhere near the boundary of Virginia and Maryland and have breakfast. We can proceed from there to wherever we decide to go.

Gerald

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 01:05 AM

Man, I'd love to get in on this, but I'm a little far away from my bike. Maybe we could get a Memorial day ride together when it gets a little closer. The ride up through Harper's Ferry has always been a favorite of mine. You can get "lost" in those hills for a good little while if you want to.

Enjoy, and be safe.

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 07:31 AM

I would be interested however my saturdays are booked till november for the moment. My oldest daughter is in her high school's marching band and saturday's are the tournies.

I spent 4 hours at Towson University this saturday watching the marching bands in the cold night air by myself. Wasn't my cup of tea but I was cheering her school on for their effort. They managed to take Best in Show and Best in Class.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 AM

Pondering Front Royal Ride

Gerald,

That sounds like an awesome plan and it would be interesting to meet other V owners (I haven't even seen another V on the road). The road of choice is one that I've wanted to check out too... just debating the extra 350 miles I need to ride to to it. Looking for improvements in "beyond a tank of gas" comfort. That seems to be when the tail bone starts sending quiet messages. I also ordered Don Stouts last set of highway peg mounts to see if that helps with the long stints.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

We are planning to ride out again this weekend. No particular destination yet but was thinking of going to Front Royal via Route 55(don't like 66) on to George Washington Park via Fort Valley Rd. and will come out in Luray and on 211 back to Gainesville, VA. If you guys can't make it on Saturdays, we can try Sundays. There should be places to stop and have lunch along the way. We can meet up for breakfast in Manassas or the McDonald's at the corner of Rt.15 & Rt 55 in Haymarket.

Gerald
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode