I finally got my green '09! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

I finally got my green '09!

After a long uphill battle and a few disappointments, I finally have my Versys. I know that they all pretty much look the same, but I can't help but post some pics:

The last pic is a shot of the power commander under the seat. All the modifications such as the windshield, exhaust, power commander, and battery tender were obviously professionally installed with a great deal of care. All the wiring is tied down and shrink wrapped to the point that it is difficult to even trace where it goes.

I finally had a chance to give her a bath and look her over really good this evening. It was an awesome way to wind down after a long day.

Overall, I love this bike! The only complaints I have are that the seat pushes me into the tank and I think the power commander is adversely effecting my gas mileage. I am going to fill up the tank again and reset the tripometer to see exactly where I am at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Raise the front of your seat (mine are 9/16" higher), go to "Search" for the threads.

Your greenie looks WAY different from mine - NO BUGS on yours...!

Welcome aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 PM

Congradulations fellow Green V owner, enjoy and be safe.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats and enjoy your ride.

BTW- do some research on the Power Com and you might save some fuel.Take time to understand the bike and dont trust all that you read here....sometime/(some of us) - do write crap here.......

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 AM

Every Versys is unique in its own way.. no shame of posting it to others.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Congrats and enjoy your ride.

BTW- do some research on the Power Com and you might save some fuel.Take time to understand the bike and dont trust all that you read here....sometime/(some of us) - do write crap here.......

I can tell that it is running really rich. I downloaded the power commander software last night. I am going to hook it up to my laptop and see where it is set and back it off. It is fun to play with, but I will probably zero it out to the stock map and leave it here. I'm going to track down some stock exhaust too.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 PM

Talking new 09

Welcome to the family! and the forum...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Took the laptop out this morning and loaded the stock map on the power commander. What a huge difference! It is like a completely different bike.

It was ridiculous how this bike was mapped. It was running so rich that it reeked of gas and it geared so that it was actually almost stressful to ride. It was like having two gears, 1st and 6th. 1st started you off, and the RPMs were rev'd out so high that you had to run through 2nd to 6th in a matter of seconds or it sounded like it was red lining. It was of course no where near read lining, but it just felt like it was rev'ed up uncomfortably high all the time. I was always going from stopped to 60 mph with nothing in between.

I loaded the stock map, and I actually have a little space in between gears. It is smooth and fun to ride. Now I really get why people love to ride this bike!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickWilliams View Post
Took the laptop out this morning and loaded the stock map on the power commander. What a huge difference! It is like a completely different bike.

It was ridiculous how this bike was mapped. It was running so rich that it reeked of gas and it geared so that it was actually almost stressful to ride. It was like having two gears, 1st and 6th. 1st started you off, and the RPMs were rev'd out so high that you had to run through 2nd to 6th in a matter of seconds or it sounded like it was red lining. It was of course no where near read lining, but it just felt like it was rev'ed up uncomfortably high all the time. I was always going from stopped to 60 mph with nothing in between.

I loaded the stock map, and I actually have a little space in between gears. It is smooth and fun to ride. Now I really get why people love to ride this bike!
Very Glad you got it sort out....trust you will leave the PC where it is.Maybe you might want some power in the later stage of your ride.

Safe ride and ATGATT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode