Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

I finally got my green '09!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Fastoman 
#1 ·
After a long uphill battle and a few disappointments, I finally have my Versys. I know that they all pretty much look the same, but I can't help but post some pics:

The last pic is a shot of the power commander under the seat. All the modifications such as the windshield, exhaust, power commander, and battery tender were obviously professionally installed with a great deal of care. All the wiring is tied down and shrink wrapped to the point that it is difficult to even trace where it goes.

I finally had a chance to give her a bath and look her over really good this evening. It was an awesome way to wind down after a long day.

Overall, I love this bike! The only complaints I have are that the seat pushes me into the tank and I think the power commander is adversely effecting my gas mileage. I am going to fill up the tank again and reset the tripometer to see exactly where I am at.

See less See more
#6 ·
I can tell that it is running really rich. I downloaded the power commander software last night. I am going to hook it up to my laptop and see where it is set and back it off. It is fun to play with, but I will probably zero it out to the stock map and leave it here. I'm going to track down some stock exhaust too.

#8 ·
Took the laptop out this morning and loaded the stock map on the power commander. What a huge difference! It is like a completely different bike.

It was ridiculous how this bike was mapped. It was running so rich that it reeked of gas and it geared so that it was actually almost stressful to ride. It was like having two gears, 1st and 6th. 1st started you off, and the RPMs were rev'd out so high that you had to run through 2nd to 6th in a matter of seconds or it sounded like it was red lining. It was of course no where near read lining, but it just felt like it was rev'ed up uncomfortably high all the time. I was always going from stopped to 60 mph with nothing in between.

I loaded the stock map, and I actually have a little space in between gears. It is smooth and fun to ride. Now I really get why people love to ride this bike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.