My First Brakedown - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My First Brakedown

I was on my way to work that fateful day, when suddenly I experienced some loss power... I quickly stopped and noticed that the petrol was pouring down from beneath the tank. I panicked little bit but quickly switched off my bike and the pouring stop

Lucky for me I was not that far from home and it was still early morning, called up my brother who later came with his bike.. With the help of a friend via handphone, we follow his instructions and took off the tank to check the hose connection beneath the tank.

It was actually the connection!! We put it back in position and made sure the clip is well inserted this time. Switch on; bravo... no petrol pouring from the hose anymore..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
MTS

Wow! Glad you got it fixed and no one got hurt! I see the clip in the photo. Do you have to take the tank off the bike to get to that clip?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 02:50 PM

hopefully you let that thing dry out a bit before crankin it back up,,,,well i guess you are obviously okay since we are reading your post afterwards. lol

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Funny how the clip got lose , a lot of rides have broken the clip trying to remove the tank. BTW -good no damage and your fine.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Few days before the incident, I did send my bike for regular service.. did all necessary including changing the airfilter. Certainly the hose was not properly clipped into by the mechanic and caused the leaking.. Not angry at all at the mechanic who is also my friend and an experience adv rider too.. guess'd he must really2 forgot to make sure the hose is properly clipped. Most important, all is safe and good experience for newbie like me..

Yes, I had to lift up the tank before taking the photo. I did not actually pulled out the tank totally, I just lifted it up and put something (piece of small plank) to hold the tank, so that my hand can go thru beneath the tank. Yes Bro. Fastoman, the clip may be easily broken if we force the tank up when pulling it out.

I also made sure the area beneath the tank had dried up before cranking the engine again.

Last edited by kamenrider; 09-21-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode