Ride Report, North Central Arkansas - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ride Report, North Central Arkansas

(Also a bit of Southwest Missouri)
Went East across the extreme southern edge of Missouri (Mostly hwy86) in the morning. Sun directly in front but couldn't be helped. Ride was hilly and scenic. Nice cruise.
Took AR14 south east to get to the bottom of Push Mtn. Rd. Some nice curves and scenery here too. Also a nice cruise.
Took Push Mtn rd to Mountain Home. Almost no traffic on a Saturday - nice. Some curves, but no twisties. Mostly good pavement with some rough stretches and infrequent gravel washouts through the middle of some curves - keep eyes open! Overall I'd say the ride was similar to riding the sisters in TX. Worth riding if you're in the area, but not worth a special trip to ride it.
Took 74 west for a while. Scenery fantastic. Some twisties but not a lot. one 4 mile stretch so good I turned around and rode it again.
12 west for a bit, good curves and great pavement but high weekend traffic.
Horrible smelling chicken houses scattered throughout the ride. Thankfully absent through national/state forests and rec areas.

This was my first ride since removing the windshield and brackets. Wind noise and buffeting were significantly reduced.

Sorry, no pictures this time.

First 400 mile day in a long time. But is sore.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I live in Conway, Ar. central Ar. We ride mostly central and Northcentral area of the state. There are some really good rides. Now days in central Ar. you need to look out for the gas well trucks that run every day of the week. You are right on about the chicken houses during the summer, they can take your breath away. Have fun and be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode