Turners Corner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Turners Corner

Gonna be @ Turners Corner cafe sometime around lunch tomorrow . A young buddy of mine that is fairly new to riding is in town home on a college break . He has never done a longer day road ride other than from college and back so I thought a good 200 miler would ready him for some Ironbutting .

I will be on my 08 Versys and he will be riding on an 08 ZZR . Toss us a wave if you see us . If anyone feels like meeting us for lunch and a little ride come on over . We will be moving on through on a slight time budetso we can't do any side trips , but we will be headed up 129 to Blairsville when we leave Turners Corner .

Wes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:52 PM

We did some riding today but called it quits early. Fuel was just to hard to find. Not bad in the Blairsville area but most other places it was a mess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

I am really hoping we don't end up gasless . There is supposed to be better availablity starting tomorrow . We will leave on ful tanks and plan on topping off at every staion we see that has gas . No matter if we only need a 1/2 gallon . We like you Mountainrider , but we don't want to share a zip code with you just yet . ROFL

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 10:49 PM

Gas

Hello! I live here in Northeast PA and we have no shortage of gas here. I have seen on TV about shortages in the South though. I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks and may take the V to see my son who lives in Florida. I hope I don't run into any gas shortages on the way if I go. It's a good thing you can go 200 miles on a tank of gas with the V. We will all be freezing up here this Winter with the high cost of fuel oil. It will cost like 2 or 3 times as much to heat a home this Winter than it did a couple of years ago. And everybody is waiting until the last minute to buy it because we simply don't have hundreds of dollars for a tank of fuel with the bad economy. This will cause a shortage with us this Winter when we all buy at the last minute, probably November or early December.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 08:57 AM

The availability of gas is a real pain. From what I hear it is pretty much the entire southeast from GA to VA, including TN. I saw some lines over the weekend that had to be a half mile long. There seem to be a few more stations with gas right now, but it is still a real hassle all around Atlanta. It should get gradually better over the next couple of weeks.

I think it has been keeping a lot of us close to home.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:15 PM

Have been in Fl for the last 10 days and fuel is not an issue. All grades and however much you want. The drive back to Atl tomorrow should be interesting.

Bill

Versys
F650GSD
FLSTSCI
XR650L
Tri Scrambler
XR50
SRX600
Zuma 125
T100R
Aero 50
EZ90
PA50
States by MC

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Got Gas

Mountainrider ,

We did a really nice 250 mile ride today . Out lunch destination was Turners Corner Cafe . We were about starved when we got the only to find them closed . There were 6 other riders there when we got there . I swear , the 20 minutes we stood there taking a break and deciding where to eat , I kid you not , at least 20 more bikes pulle through for something to eat .

What's up with that Bro ? Are those guys closed on Monday's or what . Anyway , we ran up 129 to Blairsville and ate at Cooks . Gas was a bit spotty but we had not real concerns .

We had a great ride with nearly ZERO traffic . Wish you had looked us up .

Wes
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 PM

I was at work ,if you are up during the week stop by Ware Chevrolet and come to the bodyshop. No gas coming home this evening. Hope they have some in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode