Sign Punch & Tire Dance - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Sign Punch & Tire Dance

Went on a ride up past Santa Barbara today. Heading to lunch while turning onto the road for some reason i looked off to my left taking my eyes off where i should be going and as soon as i looked back "Bam" hit a road sign real good hit right on the hand guard. Good hard jolt but continued to the lunch spot once parked just looked at the hand guard not a scratch. While heading back got to the sign and it was laying on it side. We stopped for a gas break and i noticed the scratch on the Givi and Lower Panel. While riding home i put my foot up on the highway peg and it seemed closer than it had been took the photos at home and where the internal pin was on the left side you can see the damage to the inside of the peg holder and also the damage on the outside from the force of the hit. Then a boat trailer starts to fly apart just minutes after the gas stop. Beats Sitting At Home Though.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As for the "Sign Punch", I hope she was cute!

As for the "Tire Dance", "That's my boat......." (in Forrest Gump voice)

Glad you are ok!

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 11:47 PM

Good "you" made it out and back unscathed.
That tire would've hurt!
Didn't any of the other bikers have cameras?
Looks like you were the chosen one on that ride!
Sheesh!

Good reminder for us to keep our guards up, when on the road.
Crazy day. No more like that, eh!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 12:23 AM

Thankfully you all made it out alright!

I first saw the sign and thought "wow that sounded kinda solid. That could have really hurt." The Tire though.. Wow!!
How fast were you traveling when the trailer started coming apart?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sign_guy View Post
Thankfully you all made it out alright!

I first saw the sign and thought "wow that sounded kinda solid. That could have really hurt." The Tire though.. Wow!!
How fast were you traveling when the trailer started coming apart?

Was a very solid hit i have the volume set to the lowest setting on the camera. Not sure on the speed if i had to guess i'd say in the 70mph area. Fast lane in Cali so ?????????? .

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 AM

I hate when my ride stories turn out to be cautionary tails....

Seriously, glad you are ok!

Very nice controlled reactions when the "boat people" tried to kill you. Good video for novice riders to watch what can really happen out there.

100 countries or bust...80 so far.
Rides: Ecuador, Haiti, Laos, Sri Lanka, Tibet & Vietnam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode