Ride up hwy 1, north of Bodega Bay with an old film rangefinder - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ride up hwy 1, north of Bodega Bay with an old film rangefinder

Took a ride a few days ago and took my (new to me) 1975 Yashica Electro 35 GSN rangefinder. Im very pleased with the photos from this old camera. And the ride was...incredible.

"If Caesar was alive today I would be chained to an oar".

This life is a test
It is only a test
Had it been an actual life
You would have received
Further Instructions on
Where to go and what to do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 PM

It's been years since I have ridden that road above San Francisco; looks awesome!

I did recently ride on Hwy 1, but a bit more south. Picked it up in San Luis Obispo and followed it up to San Francisco. Beautiful road and scenery up through Morro Bay, San Simeon, Big Sur, and Monterey, but it was frustrating dealing with all the slow, distracted drivers and traffic. I got stuck behind more motorhomes and trains of cars going 20 and 30 mph under the speed limit than I could count. One time going through Big Sur, the car in front of me just started to randomly slow down in a straight 55 mph zone...40, 30, 20, 15...I couldn't figure out what was going on...car problems? Turning off the road? When I finally went to pass them, I saw the reason: they were slowing down so a person in the back seat could shoot some pictures...15 mph in a 55 mph zone ...oblivious to the fact that they weren't the only people on the road! Anyway, I just took it easy and tried to enjoy the scenery, but in some of those twisty parts it was frustrating because I really wanted to up the pace a bit and enjoy the ride too.

Glad you had a fun trip. I'll have to go a little more north next time; it looks like it is way less congested up that way. And those are damn good pics from a 35+ year old camera!

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

I love riding thru Big Sur. Its gorgeous down there. Have you ridden Nacimiento Ferguson Rd off Hwy 1 in Big Sur? Its scary but an incredible ride, one the Versys is made for.

I know what you mean about the traffic though. It can be very frustrating at times. The traffic north of Bodega Bay isnt to bad, but I have noticed the more you go north the better it gets. I guess just because there is nothing up that way until you get to Eureka. There are tons of little one and a half lane roads that wind up over the mountains that go nowhere with nobody on them. Maybe a few farm trucks. Its great riding up that way, I absolutely love it.

Thanks for the compliment on the camera. I love it so far and cant wait to shoot with it. If anyone is interested you can see more photos on my flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

"If Caesar was alive today I would be chained to an oar".

This life is a test
It is only a test
Had it been an actual life
You would have received
Further Instructions on
Where to go and what to do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode