Versys Sighting... In My Garage! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys Sighting... In My Garage!

Over the weekend I picked up the Versys that Ribeye was selling in Idaho. Thanks, Ribeye! It was a pleasure doing business with you. The bike is awesome.

I flew out to eastern Idaho on Saturday and picked the bike up on Sunday. Monday morning, I started riding back home to Oregon. Day one I rode around 330 miles in pretty hot, arid temperatures. There wasn't much in the way of topography the first day. I rode ATGATT with my mesh jacket and pants sans liners and still worked up a sweat. I don't know if it was all of the straight highway, me not being in good shape, or a combination of the two, but I was getting pretty sore in my lower back and posterior after the first hundred miles or so. I took a couple of breaks along the way, grabbed an early dinner and before I knew it, I was nearly halfway home.

Day two I rode 388 miles from Ontario, OR to Eugene, OR. I didn't have to worry about sweating at all. Wow, what a change in temps today. I guess climbing a couple of mountain passes will do that. The ride from Ontario to Burns was uneventful. I stopped just before Burns to fill up and put on a fleece pullover... I wasn't quite ready to put my liners in my jacket yet. Well, after passing through Burns and another hour, I was ready for my liners. I got rained on a couple of times and the pullover just wasn't cutting it. Wow! The liners made a HUGE difference. I was pretty comfy there for awhile. At least until I made it through Bend. Santiam Pass kicked my butt. It was raining and probably close to 35 degrees.

Just a tip for anyone traveling through Oregon... add 50% to whatever the weather report predicts for the chance of rain. Even with the liners in - which kept me relatively dry - the temps and the wet were brutal for 45 mins or so. Once I got down from Santiam Pass (4800ft elevation), things got a little better. At around 3500ft, the roads were dry for awhile and I got to have a little fun in the curves. (Safely) passed a few cars and RVs and had a ball. I was still a bit wet, so the wind chill was felt the rest of the way home. That said, it's the most fun I've had being miserable in a long time.

I made it home safe and sound and there's a beautiful green V in my garage. I'd call it a win!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Congrats and and trust Ribeye will keep in touch here.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 12:05 AM

Brand new bike and a ride report! Brilliant!!

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIsForVonski View Post
... it's the most fun I've had being miserable in a long time.
Well said!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIsForVonski View Post
That said, it's the most fun I've had being miserable in a long time.
Thats is so true about bike riding
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Congrats and and trust Ribeye will keep in touch here.

Fastoman, for sure I will keep in touch with the gang! This is the best forum ever. I am happy for VisForVonski he is a great guy he will be a good addition to this forum. Well, I will continue to check in and see how everyone is doing? Keep in touch and keep writing no I mean riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode