NJ 6 8.82%
RI 3 4.41%
NY 15 22.06%
MA 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
N.E. Riders check-in (PA,DE,NJ,NY,MD,CT,MA,VA,WV)

I skimmed through the Member's Rides section and didn't see a thread where we could check-in and post rides and meetups specifically in the North East.

I figured this area covers a ton of people so getting some together for a ride wouldn't be that hard.

I'll start with:

I am currently in Philly.
Down for rides within a 350 mile radius, maybe more if enough time was allowed.
Best ride around my way is to the Delaware water Gap.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Sup BAMF, I'm from NJ about 15 minutes from Philly. In fact I'm looking at Willy Penn right now from my office window (on the Camden side). I was looking for some group ride opportunities myself the other day and found a motorcycle events calender for NJ.
http://www.lets-ride.com/event/newjersey.htm
I'm probably going to hit a few of these over the summer. I'm hoping to see another V or two but I'll probably be surrounded by Harley's.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

yea there are a good bit of harleys.

I usually find rides on meetup.com or just ride with local people in philly. Its a hit or miss thing, cause you will always have the harleys and sometimes you get all crotch rockets that just wanna split lanes all day and risk lives.

Thats why i thought i would do this and see who out there had a V and wanted to ride. Have you ridden CR 532 before? Its only like 25 mins from philly in central NJ and it is some good riding, kinda short (50 miles) but you can always divert away to other roads. Heres a map of some good stuff in NJ

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/nj_coast.html

1997 KLR 650

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to rponiarski
I'm in New York, on Long Island (just a huge sand bar ), but usually try to get out of town every Sunday. I like the Catskill Mountains and a few roads near Bear Mountain and West Point. Just post up and I am almost always in, though I may need to head home early (family stuff, mostly)...

Richard M. Poniarski
'09 Kawasaki Versys
AMA#: 674623
ROK #: 100024905
Everybody is entitled to the reality of their own choosing...

post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

I am actually planning a trip sometime this summer, maybe in the fall where I would leave Thursday after work and try to make it to Roanoke, Va (bout 6 hours) and then Friday morning ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway (bout 5 hours) and ride around there with some friends from down south. And then do the reverse on the way back, that way you only have to call out of work for a friday and a monday.

1997 KLR 650

post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 PM

N. Virginia just outside of DC

Foo Fighter Rider
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:52 PM

ahem...you forgot the best state in the northeast...
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

lol, sorry you guys are so tiny i forgot you out there... you can come too!

1997 KLR 650

post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM

heh, guess VT, NH and ME don't count. we're the most north-east of the north east! JK, probably too far north of most of you, probably better to get with some canadian riders.

(thought NE in the title meant New England, hehehe)
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

yea sorry, i was gonna put NORTH EAST but that was too long and NE looks like Nebraska... lol You guys could def be included in any rides but you are pretty far away....

I am definitely going to take a trip to the canadian side of Niagara falls this summer, I figure that would be a fun ride across PA.

1997 KLR 650

post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
It's technically not part of New England but we've got a few forum members here in Nova Scotia and are in the same general area - just turn right at Maine. Hoping to make a trip south into NE this summer on the V.

Last edited by twowheels; 05-04-2011 at 03:49 PM.
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 04:42 PM

Rochester NY area.

Blue 09 Versys
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 05:27 PM

Dale City in Woodbridge, Virginia about 30 miles south of DC via 95. You can take Skyline drive to Blue Ridge Parkway. I don't like to use 66 to 81 to go to Roanoke, VA, too much Highway riding for me. I normally take 29 south to Rt.211.

Gerald
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 PM

I'm in VT and visit my folks in PA, so I'm game for most anything in the North East. I've been known to ride 600+ miles in a day for the right meet up.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 PM

Im in CT right on the MA / CT state line...

2009 Versys Green
2007 Triumph Sprint St
2003 Kawasaki ZX9R
2000 Honda VFR
1997 Kawasaki ZX9R
1986 Honda VF500 Interceptor
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 PM

New Haven CT area here. Mostly stay in state except for the odd crossing into NY or MA. Drop me a line if you're coming through town!
E
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 PM

I'm in Albany, NY so I can be in Mass or VT pretty easily. I end up in western mass quite a lot and will hopefully be hitting up southern VT for some rides with a friend and maybe a track day or two!
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

what if we did a trip to niagara this summer? is that too cliche? I have heard the canadian side is best.

We could have a south meet up Harrisburg Pa and a north in Binghamton NY and then meet up somewhere along the way to ride together to the falls. This idea might be not be the best so lets kick around some more. ( it will get especially good when we pass through a forum members area and they could take us on the fun back roads and maybe some back trails/fire roads or whatnot)

dont mind me, i'm just dreamin... lol no but seriously canada, to a georgia boy might as well be a fairy tale.... i have no idea what to expect, and am so curious.

1997 KLR 650

post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 PM

I'm about 20 miles north of Allentown, Pa. Right alongside Rt 209.Some nice roads up here - and more up into the Poconos etc.
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 09:25 AM

We are winning!! (PA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcskier View Post
I'm about 20 miles north of Allentown, Pa. Right alongside Rt 209.Some nice roads up here - and more up into the Poconos etc.
Are nice roads. Did a long ride on 209 the first weekend I had my bike last year. Then up through Weatherly, and Scranton finally across Rt. 6 and back down through Rickett's Glen State Park and Elysburg on the way back to Harrisburg.

I think it was about a 400 mile day, and the V handled it with ease.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode