Poker run, Timaru, NZ - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Poker run, Timaru, NZ

Decided to take my son on a ride called the poker run on saturday, You pay $25.00 and get a playing card at every one of the 5 hotel stops and the best hand will get $1000.00. It is organised by the "devils henchman motorcycle club" and on this ride is the only time according to their rules they ride with jap bikes. European bikes are accepted within their charter for normal riding.

Not sure how many bikes but there were a few and I did find it a bit scary the way they ride in tight pack formation but it gave my son Jayden and me a fun experience anyway. Every time we took off at a small town they would block the road until all the bikes had taken off.

Starting destination at my favortite place at the chequered flag Rangitata.

A few of stops along way. See I just parked on footpath to fit right in

Jayden at farlie

Had to take a shot of this guys bike with his speakers

A lot of the cruisers do not like the gravel and i got some dirty look for riding one handed take some pic's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks like a great time. I don't like riding with large groups I don't know either. First, the going is usually way too slow, but mainly because due to poor lane discipline, it opens up too many possibilities for someone doing something stupid that results in a multiple bike accident.

Glad you had none of those and just a nice Saturday run. Even if it was with a bunch of Harleys...

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking

Did you get a vest and some big wings so sew on the back? Looks like great fun. How was your poker hand?

Bob

PS the only decent Harley

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
Looks like a great time. I don't like riding with large groups I don't know either. First, the going is usually way too slow, but mainly because due to poor lane discipline, it opens up too many possibilities for someone doing something stupid that results in a multiple bike accident.

Glad you had none of those and just a nice Saturday run. Even if it was with a bunch of Harleys...

Gustavo
It was a experience Gustavo but do not like the big group thing at all and at times on the tight twisty hill section was a bit concerned because as soon as you leave a gap to give you more room you get passed and boxed in. Some here might complain about the versys stock brakes but she will stop a lot quicker than most of the bikes on that ride but if the bike behind is to close!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode