Blood Mountain at day break - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wink Blood Mountain at day break

Tried to beat the traffic. Was hoping some of the Ducs would be out but no luck.

http://media.putfile.com/Versys-Up-a...Blood-Mountain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:11 PM

Nice video...I know a couple of guys that are dying to get down here and ride some of our roads. Your videos are great for driving them crazy.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

We need to do another ride.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 AM

Definitely! I was in Suches yesterday, but didn't see any Vs. Did see some poor guy laid out in the northbound lane just before the Chestatee Lookout on 60. Hope he is OK. There were lots of people around so I didn't stop.

I rode up 180 and back down 19. 180 has a bit more crap on the payment (gravel and stuff) than 60, but no tar snakes. Was going to ride on up 60 (nice payment), but wanted to check out 180.

Last edited by sharrison56; 09-08-2008 at 07:40 AM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Seems like a lot of wrecks for such few people to be riding.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:35 AM

OK guys , I have ONE question . Did one of you guys have somewhat of a RUN IN with some sports bikers this weekend in the Blood Mountain , Turner's Corner area , or the vicinity .
The reason I aksed is because there wasa a group of SB's that made effort to start a ruckus with me on two occasions . The first one was at the Walasi-Yi Center . When I pulled in , one o fthe SB guys spouted off saying , " Hey , there's that SOB on that one bike " , then another one said , " yep , that's him , we need to straighten his ass out , let's deal with it now " , a third rider says , " naw , let's catch him out where there is noone around " .
Later on , I was at Turner's Corner Cafe eating , and they were coming back up 129 , hit the brakes hard , turned left on 180 and went reeeaaaalllll slow by the porch . One of them pointing at me and said , " that's him taking off the grey jacket " . They doubled back and pulled in looking at my bike out front .
Well , if you knew me at all , I am not one for unsolicited abuse . I took off the rest of my gear , walked out front and eased out under the apron of the Cafe . They were all sitting on their bikes circling my V . I got proud and walked up and said , " boys , do we have a problem I need to know about " ? . One of them said , " we can settle this later " . Well , again , if you knew me at all , you would know I have little patience and hate waiting on suprises . SSOOOOOO . I said , " if we have a problem , I think it only fiar I know what the problem is first of all , and second of all , if we have a problem , I am up for settling now , I mean why wait " ? . I told them had just come up from Helen and stopped at Walasi-Yi , heard what they said and now this . I had not been in that area for better than 15 years until about three weeks ago and just got here today .
Now they seemed a bit puzzled , but one of them made it clear I knew what I did and they were gonna get me sooner or later . I again , and very politely but firmly made it clear that they must have me mistaken with somone else . BUT .... if they really needed to settle someone elses score with me to suit their needs , I was up for the party and wasn't willing to let my food get cold waiting (although I had not ordered yet ) . I reached for my tank bag , and you never saw a bunch of SB'ers race off so fast .
Anyway , I am not trying to play redneck on the forum . I am a peacbale and decent sort . If I had offended someone on the road at all it would be from riding slow as I typically do , but I nearly always hug the shoulder and signal faster riders around me as long as I can stay safe doing it.

With that said , and please don't shoot the messenger . Someone on a Versys has some seriously pissed of SB sorts looking for you and might want to be aware of it . I sure would have hated to burn up a couple of bucks of good lead on something that smells as bad as a Sport Biker due to someone elses discord . LOL

I can asure you , I had never seen these guys before and surely had no encounter along my way with any other bikers getting there other than passing a granny in a mini-van quite speedily .

Just thought I would give the heads up . Again , please don't shoot the messenger .

Wes

Last edited by PO-SLOKE; 09-08-2008 at 11:42 AM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:47 AM

OH yeah . I think I will tool around next weekend over that way . So if anyone is up for lunch at Turner's Corner , let me know . I would like to meet some of the guys on the forum for sure . A ride after lunch would be great . Unelss of course you don't like riding pretty much the speed limit or a few over . I cannot risk my Hazmat lisence by getting tickets . Sorry , I am called PO-SLOKE for good reason . LOL

Maybe my new Sport Biker Pals willl buy us all lunch . ROFLMBO

Wes
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 PM

Unhappy

I don't think it was me, but who knows...the only SBs that were behind me Sunday was a pair that went the other way when I got off of 52 onto 19 and they stayed pretty far back.

I think hb9400 and I will be up that way this weekend. He is free all weekend, but I have to see if my wife is going to be in town Saturday. She lives in LA, but won't let me have her other apartment parking spot for a bike out there. Go figure!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 12:06 PM

I am still pretty new to this passion, so that is the first one that I have seen up there. The guy looked pretty beat up, but I really only saw his feet. They had him covered up and were directing traffic, so I kept moving.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 12:08 PM

Sharrison ,

I am up for either Satuday or Sunday at Turner's Corner . Quite the nice little spot and draws a riding crowd . I grew up in Ganesville and spent most of my summers in those woods . Allot of it in and around Blood Moutain , Suches , and the Richard B. Russell Pkwy . No telling how many nights I camped at Raven Cliffs . I have forgotten my way around up there big time and sort of wanted to spend a weekend or two just casually bumping around there .
Although now , I am a little concerned I may have to deal with a particular pack of SB sorts . I don't mind at all dealing with it on the ground , but I am hoping they aren't the sort that would want to settle on the pavement . That is a really bad idea for eveyone for sure . I assumed they were local guys , just their demeanor and conifdence suggeted it . If not true locals , most likely a pack that frequents the routes .
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
I am still pretty new to this passion, so that is the first one that I have seen up there. The guy looked pretty beat up, but I really only saw his feet. They had him covered up and were directing traffic, so I kept moving.
If you keep coming up you will get to see a lot of wrecks. Sometimes it will be more then you can take.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:41 PM

We had lunch at Turner's Corner a couple of months ago. It is a nice little spot. hb9400 wasn't at work today so I should be able to find out what works for him tomorrow. Sunday will probably work better for me.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM

Lunch at Turners Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
We had lunch at Turner's Corner a couple of months ago. It is a nice little spot. hb9400 wasn't at work today so I should be able to find out what works for him tomorrow. Sunday will probably work better for me.

Cool beans . Let me know which day . I am 99.9% in . Be sure you allert the weather man on which day so he can set up some awesome weather for us .

Wes
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 05:15 PM

Doesn't look like I am going to make it this weekend. Our Houston data center has moved into our Atlanta data center for disaster recovery.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

I am going to try and ride some on Sunday. Gas is so frigging high I hate to buy it. A lot of places do not even have any.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrider View Post
I am going to try and ride some on Sunday. Gas is so frigging high I hate to buy it. A lot of places do not even have any.

Do you think if I make a casual bump around and end up in that area , that I will be able to get gas to go home ?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PO-SLOKE View Post
Do you think if I make a casual bump around and end up in that area , that I will be able to get gas to go home ?
I did not get out today so I do not know who has gas and who does not. Friday it was near 5 dollars a gallon at most places.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 07:09 PM

Boys, y'all are KILLING ME!! I spent four years running up and down those hills and thru those hollers as an Air Force Recruiter out of Gainesville. I've been in the flatlands of eastern NC for the past 13 years and I had nearly forgotten how pretty the NE GA mountains were. Y'all keep the videos and pictures coming. It makes an old man feel young again!

DB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode