Trip to Cycle Gadgets w/pics - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Trip to Cycle Gadgets w/pics

Living only 90 miles away from this supplier of accessories for sport touring riders, I decided to make it my destination. I was of course, not expecting crowds, and I was not disappointed, only one other customer there. Lots of cool accessories, not a large place, only took 15 minutes to see what I came for. I purchased a tire repair kit, and was on my way.

I was told by Lorraine to take the scenic route back out to the highway, which took me across Beaver Lake Dam and thru the quaint little lake town of Beaver, Ark. This one lane wood bridge was interesting.

Lunch was here, Shell Knob, MO. Brisket was very good, old Plymouth outside looked original, apparently the daily driver for a patron.

The store is off the beaten path, 4 miles west of Eureka Springs, AR. Worth
checking out when you visit northern Arkansas.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks for sharing.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 05:25 AM

I spent two weeks last summer riding around Arkansas. I wish I had known about that bridge. Very cool, and thanks for posting. Arkansas is Americas best kept secret for riding in my opinion. People are very friendly too.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 AM

Nice ride report. Short and concise.

How's the weather out there? I was at Ft. Lostinthewoods(Leonard Wood) for AIT 2 years ago. Left for home the end of October, so it was still in the 50's during the day. Not too bad. I liked the area. We had a 6 mile ruck that took us out on some fire roads on post. Nice scenery, reminded me alot of Md.

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

The weather was good, the high reached 49 and sunny, today the same. It won't last, so I'm riding after work today.

My Album:
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Checked out thier web-site found some good stuff.

Just when i thought i had everything.......
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products...?Item=GL-SWIPE

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Garage
or this....

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products...t.asp?Item=GST

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 01-06-2011 at 08:13 AM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

The bug swiper is hilarious, but I want the GPS shield. Can't see mine in sunshine.
"Tired of squinting & holding your hand over your GPS to see the screen in bright sunlight? The GlareStomperŽ sun shade is a great solution! Its deep design with full sides gives maximum sun blocking, and the simple attachment using a thin strip of self-adhesive VelcroŽ fastener with specially-formulated heat-resistant adhesive makes this a terrific solution. When the GPS is not in use, the GlareStomper shade folds down to protect the screen, making it a two-in-one product."

My Album:
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 AM

Garage
Just ordered the gps shield. i also like the motorcycle storage unit if i didn't have the use of a garage.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Old beauty. Thanks for sharing.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 PM

What kind of tank bag are you using??
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

The tank bag and saddle, plus a tailbag not on the bike, is the Cortech Fastrax from JC Whitney, was 139.00 for the set on sale when I bought it.

My Album:
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Checked out thier web-site found some good stuff.

Just when i thought i had everything.......
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products...?Item=GL-SWIPE
Weljo, how does that squigee work in the rain?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM

What's the red thing on your tank?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Weljo, how does that squigee work in the rain?

Don't know I didn't buy it. Thought it was amusing though. I did buy the gps shield. I have no problems in the rain i apply Rain-X to the helmet and shield pretty often.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingRider View Post
What's the red thing on your tank?
Ha, Ha. Good one!

My Album:

Last edited by Element; 01-12-2011 at 08:49 PM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Well, sadly I guess I was one of their last customers!

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

Closing as of 1/15/2011. You know, my impression when I visited was a little disappointed in the presentation and out of stock position they seemed to be in. That and just few days later I called in to order that GPS cover, and they were out of that. They seemed a little reluctant to order it for me, now I see why. Too bad, they had a good following and loyal base of BMW riders across the country. Watch for closeout deals, as they still had some inventory to move. Good luck to ebay auction bidders!

My Album:

Last edited by Element; 01-16-2011 at 08:02 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Well, sadly I guess I was one of their last customers!

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

Closing as of 1/15/2011. You know, my impression when I visited was a little disappointed in the presentation and out of stock position they seemed to be in. That and just few days later I called in to order that GPS cover, and they were out of that. They seemed a little reluctant to order it for me, now I see why. Too bad, they had a good following and loyal base of BMW riders across the country. Watch for closeout deals, as they still had some inventory to move. Good luck to ebay auction bidders!
Thats Sad i was planning on ordering a few more items from them. Ordered the gps shield on the 6th mailed out the same day.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode