Spring trips in the southern mountains - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Spring trips in the southern mountains

It's been a long interesting year with a lot of changes and I'm just now starting to put together some pages covering the rides that I've managed to sneak in this year.
On Easter weekend, 3 of us headed south from the western NC mountains, riding the backroads down to Suches, Georgia, and then looped back up through Tellico Plains, Tennessee, then across the Cherohala, Deals Gap, Iron Horse Resort in Stecoah, and then back to our homes south of Asheville, NC. It was a great break from the rigors of winter, one of the roughest winters that we've had in decades. I enjoyed the trip so much that two weeks later, I took off for a few days and did it again, taking time on the second trip to explore some back roads that I missed the first time around. I suppose that the 8 inches of snow that we got last night has gotten me jonesing for springtime again. At any rate, I've added several pages of photos from the trip - Easter trip to Suches and this one - Another ride to Suches and Tellico Plains

I recently purchased the Gerbings microwire jacket and gloves and it's opened up a whole new world of 4-season riding for me. However, despite being able to ride comfortably on cold winter days, I still miss the bliss of springtime - warm breezes, comfortable clothing, and the open road.

In camp at Two Wheels Only in Suches.

Stopping for a map check - looking for the Kangaroo Conservation Center near Dawsonville, Georgia.

Mudhole, Tennessee community center.

Backroads near Tellico Plains, Tennessee.

Riding the Cherohala Skyway from Tellico Plains to Deals Gap.

Later trip with a friend, breakfast at Kickstand Lodge, Stecoah, NC.

Too little time, too many places to go - it's been a pretty good year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't you think that it's a ^%#$&# shame that Hunter S. Thompson wasn't an adventure rider? Imagine the ride reports...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 04:23 PM

Looks like A great time and something to look forward to.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 05:47 PM

We need to plan another Versys group ride! The one we had in June 2009 was a lot of fun.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

That would be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
We need to plan another Versys group ride! The one we had in June 2009 was a lot of fun.
That was a great get-together. It would be interesting to see how our experiences with the Vee have shaped our opinions of the bike over time. I'm still happy as can be with mine, by far the best ride I've ever owned. With over 25,000 miles on the bike, it's never failed to keep on ticking. Just hit the starter button, and start smiling.

2009 Southeastern Versys Gathering in Tellico Plains, Tennessee

Don't you think that it's a ^%#$&# shame that Hunter S. Thompson wasn't an adventure rider? Imagine the ride reports...!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 09:59 AM

Great pics, especially those last 2. Must have been a blast with 9 Versys meeting. So far, I have only been able to group 2 together.

My Album:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Hmmm.

Seeing all those Versys in a row makes me think it would be cool to have a bright yellow one with some black accents - sorta the way Yamaha did a couple years of the FZ1.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 PM

Just got my 2010 v would love to join the gathering this spring! I live in charleston sc and would like to ride with other v owners in the nc mountains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode