• 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By Urbanengineer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Stupid People Make Stupid Comments

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
He opened that door on purpose. Look how much room is in between him and the car in front of him. He waited until you were on his six. His excuse is not valid. It's a big reason I want to leave CA when I retire, people here drive me crazy. The truck driver wanted to add his .02$ but didn't want to stick around and give a statement. There is way too much liberal foolishness in CA.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
He opened that door on purpose. Look how much room is in between him and the car in front of him. He waited until you were on his six. His excuse is not valid. It's a big reason I want to leave CA when I retire, people here drive me crazy. The truck driver wanted to add his .02$ but didn't want to stick around and give a statement. There is way too much liberal foolishness in CA.

Tell me about it. Having grown up in Texas lots of people out here really chap my ass....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 06:03 PM

Did the cops check his door and window to verify his story?
weljo2001 and Urbanengineer like this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 06:34 PM

Garage
Joe its good you were able to walk & ride away from this. Then to have video backup is awesome. What brand of camera do you use?
weljo2001 and Urbanengineer like this.

'08 Red V
Mods - Lets just say I probably "NEED" more
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
Did the cops check his door and window to verify his story?

He didn't want to wait around for the cops. He said that when i was on the phone with the 911 operator. She told me to get his car plate number. Thats when you see me walk away while talking on the phone. After i got his tag he then waited a few minutes and handed me his driver license...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej View Post
Joe its good you were able to walk & ride away from this. Then to have video backup is awesome. What brand of camera do you use?

Yea, I bounced up pretty quick for an old fat guy The camera is a Drift Ghost. Not a GoPro fan. Have been using Drift Cameras since 2011.
turn8a likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea, I bounced up pretty quick for an old fat guy The camera is a Drift Ghost. Not a GoPro fan. Have been using Drift Cameras since 2011.
Glad you are Okay and that's what matters most.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to farmerboy
Why on earth would anyone open the passenger door like that? There did not appear to be a passenger in the car anyway.... It makes no sense at all?
Glad you are ok.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Glad you are Okay and that's what matters most.

Thanks...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
Why on earth would anyone open the passenger door like that? There did not appear to be a passenger in the car anyway.... It makes no sense at all?
Glad you are ok.

Yep, When i got off the ground the first thing i did was look for the passenger but there was no one there...The guy in the cadillac next to him got his attention to tell him he didn't close his gas cap cover. The guy in the Jeep was the type that was careless enough to leave his gas cap cover open and careless enough to open his door without looking because his window didn't work. Sad part was it was his Fathers Jeep. I have a feeling this guy has been a burden to his family his whole life...
Urbanengineer and farmerboy like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Still trying to work out how the truck driver thinks its your fault!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:52 AM

any news when the bike will be ready(repaired) ?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Still trying to work out how the truck driver thinks its your fault!
I've had more than one cager tell me that they had the right of way because I was on a bike and they were in a car.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post

I've had more than one cager tell me that they had the right of way because I was on a bike and they were in a car.
I know I always give the right of way to vehicles larger than me. I have almost come to a stop because the person impatiently waiting at the side street kept inching forward as I approached. I wasn't going to trust that they weren't going to floor it.
Turk likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
****ty situation. If his car was operating as intended he would never have to open his car door.
weljo2001 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode