Member Rides Show off your Versys...

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Damage From 8/8/2017 Wreck

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Not half bad. Seems you faired well to be able to post this the following morning.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious about your left turn signal. The Kawi design makes the turn signals especially vulnerable in any crash or tip over due to the way they are mounted to the fairing. My ZR-7S was actually blown over during Sandy and the turn signal hitting the ground caused the fairing to crack, which required replacement. Irritating. Looks like the sliders didn't prevent that from happening on your bike. Kawasaki really should change the design. Makes simple tip overs expensive.
Hankster

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 04:57 PM
RMS

Glad that you are not hurt badly, Keep the Food pictures coming !!!!
weljo2001 likes this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
I'm curious about your left turn signal. The Kawi design makes the turn signals especially vulnerable in any crash or tip over due to the way they are mounted to the fairing. My ZR-7S was actually blown over during Sandy and the turn signal hitting the ground caused the fairing to crack, which required replacement. Irritating. Looks like the sliders didn't prevent that from happening on your bike. Kawasaki really should change the design. Makes simple tip overs expensive.
Hankster

All that damage on the left side was from the door so the sliders wouldn't do anything with that. But now if the bike slid across a parking lot now thats a different story...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
Glad that you are not hurt badly, Keep the Food pictures coming !!!!
Yea, I haven't been anywhere lately that has photo worthy food... Just real sore today but i'll take that and be happy..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Not half bad. Seems you faired well to be able to post this the following morning.

Just a few Advil did the trick...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the estimate today.....You might want to sit down....$3356.43

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Got the estimate today.....You might want to sit down....$3356.43

Sounds about right. The stock plastic is not cheap. How long will it be down?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
Sounds about right. The stock plastic is not cheap. How long will it be down?

It was a little over 1800.00 in parts and a little over 1300.00 for labor. I think they said within 2 weeks. I'll check this morning when i go pay them the deductible. At first they thought it would take over a week to do the estimate but it was done yesterday.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
It was a little over 1800.00 in parts and a little over 1300.00 for labor. I think they said within 2 weeks. I'll check this morning when i go pay them the deductible. At first they thought it would take over a week to do the estimate but it was done yesterday.
Glad to hear you will be back on the road shortly. Rental bike in your future?
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I'm glad to hear that you made it OK Joe!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
Glad to hear you will be back on the road shortly. Rental bike in your future?

Thanks, The guy said if all the parts are in one of their warehouses around a week if something has to come from Japan a little longer. No rental bike i don't get out that much just usually going somewhere for lunch. So I'll just use my Xterra till its out of the shop.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
I'm glad to hear that you made it OK Joe!

Thank You...Just a little bruised and battered nothing that Advil won't take care of...
quexpress likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Got the news for Phil when he was here on his east asia tour. Glad you are fine.

Take care and be safe, hope to see you ride again soon.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Got the news for Phil when he was here on his east asia tour. Glad you are fine.

Take care and be safe, hope to see you ride again soon.

Thanks, Yes from his photos on Facebook it looks like he had a real good time.

Take Care
kiwi 41 likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Take Care
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:

Take Care
Yes We did, Europe and a boat trip down the Amazon next year is the plan. Still getting over the crazy door opening that caused your crash.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just got an e-mail from the insurance. They are mailing the check to the dealership for the full amount. I didn't have to pay the deductible. They waived it since the Jeep guy was 100% at fault. I did point out some scratched up areas on the top case and a hole punched in the top case back rest that they missed on the estimate so they ordered a new Givi E-55 topcase and Back Rest Pad for it and will take the wiring kit out of the old top case and install into the new one. The dealership is just waiting on the T-Rex frame sliders and a lever from Kawasaki to come in. Then they'll get it all together...
turn8a likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 08-25-2017 at 03:07 PM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Glad to here you're okay and that everything on the bike will be covered.
weljo2001 likes this.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode