Wrecked The V 1000 Today - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Wrecked The V 1000 Today

Heading to Schlotzsky's for an early lunch and was almost there when a guy opened his passenger door while i was splitting past....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Atgatt

Luckily you had the hand guards, it could have been a lot worse. Something to consider, I installed bright white running LED on my Barkbusters, also signal lights.I used the original signal lights to drive a relay for each side, normally closed contact is the running light and normally open drives the yellow LED , and toggles off the running light for the signal side . Cost $5 a relay including wiring harness and socket, I purchased a lot of 5 for $20 plus shipping.The relays were 40 amp, but no worries, so $10 for 2 relays and some wiring, the LED strips were like $20 total. So if you are in a car, you see a much wider illumination than just the headlight. But if you don't look or have a blind spot, well no amount of light will help. In your case, the guy couldn't have looked, it appears you were at his rear bumper when he opened the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barkbuster running lights.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	125682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170227_165807870_HDR.jpgBarkbuster signal lights.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	125690  
weljo2001 likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 08-08-2017 at 07:42 PM.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 07:30 PM

Man, those handguards are worth every penny you spent on them. Shame about the bike, but glad to see you weren't hurt.
Lours_Polaire and weljo2001 like this.

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM

Garage
Dayamn! Dude! Why did he say he opened the door? If I was visiting California, I wouldn't think about it, but would still wonder why I would need to open the door if I am not against the curb.
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Luckily you had the hand guards, it could have been a lot worse. Something to consider, I installed bright white running LED on my Barkbusters, also signal lights.

Yep, They were the stock hand guards but they did their job. I still have all my fingers..
Lours_Polaire likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Man, those handguards are worth every penny you spent on them. Shame about the bike, but glad to see you weren't hurt.

Thanks i'm good, The hand guards took a good hit so no complaints from me

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Dayamn! Dude! Why did he say he opened the door? If I was visiting California, I wouldn't think about it, but would still wonder why I would need to open the door if I am not against the curb.

The guy in the car to the right was trying to tell him his gas cap door wasn't closed. So the guy opened his door to hear him because his window didn't work.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 07:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The guy in the car to the right was trying to tell him his gas cap door wasn't closed. So the guy opened his door to hear him because his window didn't work.
What a freaking idiot! How did he think he was going to close the door? I just motion to the driver that I don't have power windows. You will be sore tomorrow for sure. Hope he is fully insured.
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:14 PM

Amaaaazing how the attitude shifts when you let him know you could prove him a dips###. Glad you walked away from that one, but you may still find some pain in a day or two.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
What a freaking idiot! How did he think he was going to close the door? I just motion to the driver that I don't have power windows. You will be sore tomorrow for sure. Hope he is fully insured.

He didn't want to hang around for the cops so i was on the phone with the 911 operator and told her he was going to take off. So she told me to get his plate so i walked behind his car and read the plate number off to her. So he waited a few minutes and decided to let me see his license but no insurance. When the hot little asian police woman was taking my statement 2 moto-cops pulled up so they ran the tag and with the description of him they believe the car belongs to his father. I carry full coverage so I'll let AAA hash all that out. I'll be taking my bike to the dealership on thursday so the adjuster can look at it and the dealership will fix it.
twowheeladdict likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
Amaaaazing how the attitude shifts when you let him know you could prove him a dips###. Glad you walked away from that one, but you may still find some pain in a day or two.

Yea, I got my Advil handy. The camera makes them honest thats why mine is always on because you just never know. I already sent the video to the police and insurance....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:37 PM

Glad your ok.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
Glad your ok.

Thanks

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Somebody in the car farted.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 09:34 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
"your going to damn fast" ya 12 mph is braking some speed records there.... what a cunt for opening your door when on the road,
weljo2001 likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
"your going to damn fast" ya 12 mph is braking some speed records there.... what a cunt for opening your door when on the road,

Yep i would have been going slower if we were closer to the light.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 05:07 AM

How you feeling today? I know you usually are a little sore the next day. Hopefully the dealership has some rental bikes for you to use so you will not be out
of a bike for to long.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
How you feeling today? I know you usually are a little sore the next day. Hopefully the dealership has some rental bikes for you to use so you will not be out
of a bike for to long.

I feel pretty good. Just a few aches here and there. The bike is rideable so I'm hoping once i take the bike in and they do their assessment that I'll be able to take the bike back until they get in the parts they need to order. Might be wishful thinking on my part but I'll ask anyway.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I feel pretty good. Just a few aches here and there. The bike is rideable so I'm hoping once i take the bike in and they do their assessment that I'll be able to take the bike back until they get in the parts they need to order. Might be wishful thinking on my part but I'll ask anyway.
Glad to hear. Let us know what the dealership says.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good News….. The police officer that worked the wreck just called and told me that the whole department viewed the video. Everyone there agreed that the guy driving the jeep was 100% at fault. She had already spoken to him to let him know and he wanted to work something out without having to go through our insurance but i told her “No” so she will let him know…
DaveC likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode