Moved back to Colorado - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Moved back to Colorado

I was living in Austin Tex for the last 2 years and I finally moved back to Denver Colorado. I was able to sneak in a quick ride before it turned cold.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 06:49 PM

Just lookin' at those pics makes me think maybe we all should move to Colorado!
NIIICE!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 06:54 PM

looking good
welcome home

Scott
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Love to hit that!!

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine13 View Post
I was living in Austin Tex for the last 2 years and I finally moved back to Denver Colorado. I was able to sneak in a quick ride before it turned cold.
machine13..........Where were these pictures taken, relatively close to Denver? Reason I ask is, I am considering a trip to Denver next summer to visit my sister and am thinking about renting a m/c to ride day trips out from Denver.

It would be nice to ride my Versys, but I don't want to hammer myself with the time and distance between Seattle - Denver - back in a short period of time. I like to enjoy my rides and I don't have the time to take it easy.....Frog

(Chiriqui, Veraguas, Herrera, Los Santos, Cocle, Colon, and Panama provinces of Panama)
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 08:40 AM

now that' its started snowing you should take the time to put that 44 t rear sprocket on. It makes a lot of difference. Hey, you can probably put on spiked wheels and ride it daily as a commuter!

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 10:34 AM

Interesting. Got any more pictures?

I'm thinking of moving there for school next fall. Rocky Vista likes me a lot, but I'm a little worried about the dreariness in the winter.
Kentucky's right in the mountains. Florida has the weather, but not the roads.
What to do...
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
now that' its started snowing you should take the time to put that 44 t rear sprocket on. It makes a lot of difference. Hey, you can probably put on spiked wheels and ride it daily as a commuter!
It's not the snow, it's the cold.

@panamafrog
Those pictures were taken on Morrison road right by Red Rocks Amphitheater then it takes you right into Evergreen CO.

It's a great little ride but can be busy and the cops like to hide out and bust motorcycles.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 AM

Chicken.................Cluck,Cluck

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Great looking roads and rather spectacular scenery. The closest we have around San Antonio is the Hill Country, which, no doubt, you're familiar with. Colorado roads are likely more exciting but then again, it rarely snows in the Hill Country I'm becoming spoiled by F-M roads with their wide, paved sholders as well. Not much in the way of sholders iin the photos you posted, though the pavement looks to be in great shape. Guess we can't have everything.
Can you answer a question or two? How did you mount your GPS? It appears to be a Garmin 2XXW. And what brand mirrors are sprouting from your bars?
Thanks for the info. Enjoy Colorado!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ron View Post
Just lookin' at those pics makes me think maybe we all should move to Colorado!
NIIICE!
+10. But its a bit too far for me. Awesome pictures.

Thanks for sharing and hope you have settled down in your new place. All the best.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 AM

Nice photos.

I have been to Colorado a few times, its very nice there.

Time alone with ones thoughts, is quality time.

They say there is a lack of jobs. Seems here to be more a lack of people willing to work hard, and take pride in the work they do.

Frank
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 PM

Nice, lucky dawg!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 02:23 PM

Got a red Versys but am green with envey. Have to think Austin riding can't compair to Co, but then for me it wouldn't get better than that. Oregon has some excellent twisty mountain roads but the Cascades as great as there are still are not the Rockies.

One day I'll get my bike out there for some riding.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 03:12 PM

when you're done screwing around in Morrison/Evergreen you can get out to some of the real roads we have(see videos)..... It's nice around there but super busy with BS..bikes, cars, tourists, & too many people live around there to ride safe & fast on the weekend
there are lots of good vids of CO rides but these are Kawasaki..so...enjoy

and the weather is still fine for commutting..I rode home in the snow yesterday afternoon...rode today

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...&v=1MypZVtZYu0

Scott
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 PM

Road Trip!
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 PM

Welcome back. Done quite some touring around. Deckers to pine junction is a fun and easy ride. Problem is avoiding the harley herds and slow two up weekend tourers. I prefer the high mountain pases and high desert roads on the western slope. Lot less traffic. Last summer did a 1500 mile extended weekend tour. Grand junction to durango, carbondale, aspen buenavista and back home. 141 from grand junction to naturita is awesome. 110 miles if red rock canyons just fot myself. Felt like the road runner racing wiley coyote. When time permits will post a couple of tracks to share. Too bad its getting to cold and icy over the divide for fun rides. Switching to skis next week for my weekend fun.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Nice pic's. love to ride that road.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wladziu View Post
Interesting. Got any more pictures?

I'm thinking of moving there for school next fall. Rocky Vista likes me a lot, but I'm a little worried about the dreariness in the winter.
Kentucky's right in the mountains. Florida has the weather, but not the roads.
What to do...
Rocky vista is in Parker,CO the town I live. I work across the highway from it. Winter is not bad at all. Lots of sun that melts the snow very quickly. We can have 70 f days in feb. Here you can experience three seasons in the course of a week. That makes weather kind of fun. Today we had a high of 65. Three days ago we got four inches of snow. Tomorrow forecast in 62 and sunny. Im riding to work.

Im originally from PR grew up there and lived all over. From FL to MA to WA. CO is the best place to live.

If you decide for CO and want the inside scoop, drop me a pm.

Almost forgot. Here's a like to a slideshow of last summer's ride.

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/y...view=slideshow

Couple of picts from a late summer ride

Sqaw Pass Road, on the way to Mt Evans.

Sorry I don't have picts of the really fun roads. I'm usually having too much fun riding to stop for picts.

Last edited by Boricua; 11-18-2010 at 11:59 PM.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamafrog View Post
machine13..........Where were these pictures taken, relatively close to Denver? Reason I ask is, I am considering a trip to Denver next summer to visit my sister and am thinking about renting a m/c to ride day trips out from Denver.

It would be nice to ride my Versys, but I don't want to hammer myself with the time and distance between Seattle - Denver - back in a short period of time. I like to enjoy my rides and I don't have the time to take it easy.....Frog
If I recall correctly that's pretty close to Denver metro. There's a local outfit that rents adventure and sport tourers. http://www.tourbikes.com/ you can pick up a GS, VStrom or a nice supersport tourer olike a C14 or an FJR there.

There are lots of fun rides nortwest of Denver metro. The foothills between Golden up to Estes park have many fun canyon roads you can do in a day or two. One of my favorites near metro is peak to peak highway between Golden and Estes Park. Day ride with really nice destinations at both ends. You can go north on 36 through Boulder to Estes Park have brunch there then ride down to Golden via CO 7, 72, 119 and CO 6 to have a really fresh cold one at the Coors brewery. For a really good southwestern style dinner you can splurge at the Fort ($$$$$ but worth the money) in Morisson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode