back roads to home - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
back roads to home

Wife away riding horse, the boy away with his mates so left me all on my own on a Saturday. What to do o well it is obvious this is a bike forum and i got a bike so lets ride. Went off to my favorite cafe/bar the chequered flag at rangitata 40km north on the main road but decided on way back to take small country roads back to my house and had a ball, no GPS just head toward home.
Had only to put up with 1.5 km of gravel.

Had come from Geraldine so headed down the road the opposite direction the bike is parked.

Headed down this road and eventually got home, if you ever ride these sort of roads you have to be wary of the loose stones especially on bends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I am jealous.

I patted Miss Jaffa as I went past tonight.

She looks happy on her T-Rex stands, plugged into the battery tender.

The snow hasn't started to fall, but the rain has.

The forecast for tomorrow is "light rain" but they are forecasting 25 - 40 mm / 1" to 1.5".

I would hate to think what they would wait for before they forecast "heavy rain"

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Its alright Alan, off to watch the Kiwis play the Aussie's with a rugby league test starting in about a hour at a mates place on TV

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 06:15 AM

What a great way to spend a day! Throw one or two back for me Kiwi (but watch out for the loose gravel on t way home). The area around your place is awesome.
I think the wife should not leave you alone too much. Your having way too much fun.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
What a great way to spend a day! Throw one or two back for me Kiwi (but watch out for the loose gravel on t way home). The area around your place is awesome.
I think the wife should not leave you alone too much. Your having way too much fun.
Was a great way to spend the day but in the evening the Australians gave a thumping in the rugby league.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 06:52 AM

Well, as Oscar Wilde was quoted ""Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the center of the city." All you need is a Kawasaki Versys, an open saturday, a cafe and your in the countryside.It ain't Rugby, but it ain't bad either.
Sorry for the loss mate but there is always next time right?

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Sorry for the loss mate but there is always next time right?
Actually the game was what they call a dead rubber tonight as both NZ and Australia play a final next week of a this 4 nation tournament so that is the money game but we a bit hacked off as it still classed as a test match but there is always the versys to ride, may go for a Sunday afternoon ride tomorrow. Since this is rugby league there is only 26 bullies.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Once again Phil, beautiful!! Kawasaki should grab that first picture for their next brochure...

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Th first picture is awesome buddy. trust you had a good ride.

me just rode back home form In-Laws place after getting the bike serviced at home town and finally found a mechanic who handles the V well. The bike was smooth and rode well with MOD 1 on the vacuum.

Take care on lose ground buddy.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

My wife Keri asked if we should ride our bikes into church this morning and my answer was yes of course, any excuse to ride. After church we decided to ride out to our favorite cafe and have some lunch. It is a great place park your bikes on the grass and watch all the bikes come and go as you sit and have a feed.

Then we rode back home and she went for a ride on the horse. Had to load a couple of sheep to go away into the horse float( that float is registered 1946, but would not be much left of the original, probably a old ford chassis). We not very good farmers as it took us 30 min to catch the first one which also booted Keri very hard in the arm as were trying to tie it up, once we got that one into the float the other one ran up the ramp into the float and then they were transported a way to the local butchers paddock for him to do his thing tomorrow.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Nice pictures again buddy. Pity on the sheep's as they have to go away to the butchers.

Thanks for sharing .

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Nice pictures again buddy. Pity on the sheep's as they have to go away to the butchers.

Thanks for sharing .

One sheep ours the other the mother in laws, that is life down on the farm.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 11:51 AM

KIWI, PICS... ....(speechless).lol.

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 11:10 AM

Nice pics and beautiful riding roads!

Concours C14
PGR #192992

Ride Reports Blog:

on two wheels:
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 AM

Send a message via MSN to seattlekiwi
Kia ora Kiwi. Your Pics make me miss home ... Bay of Plenty boy myself, Tauranga.. have you looked at putting differnt tires on, or ever ran it with non street rubber. i am planning a trip next june. Oregon, Idaho, Washington, out and back from seattle the long way round.. going to put about 2300 miles on the bike and about 5-600 or so of that is planned to be gravel. so def thinking i will go for some form of 60/40..

All who wander are not lost
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlekiwi View Post
Kia ora Kiwi. Your Pics make me miss home ... Bay of Plenty boy myself, Tauranga.. have you looked at putting differnt tires on, or ever ran it with non street rubber. i am planning a trip next june. Oregon, Idaho, Washington, out and back from seattle the long way round.. going to put about 2300 miles on the bike and about 5-600 or so of that is planned to be gravel. so def thinking i will go for some form of 60/40..
Ride a bit with wife and she ride a cruiser so will keep with road tyres for now but have a angel on rear and strado on front but have put them to test on some steep gravel roads, check out my thread below.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=12459
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode