2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 08:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
I did some "surfing" on line and the cheapest I could find was $260 US plus $56 US shipping to Canada ....anybody else know of a cheaper dealer / price.

I was lucky enough to get a complete seat for $160.00 shipped from a forum member that had it in the for sale section here.....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 09:04 PM

THX, I will have a look around ... its the low seat that I want.

EDIT ...... Well, I'm down to $175 plus shipping

And as I flipped into 6th, I could not remember a damn thing she said ....

Last edited by whiting57; 05-05-2017 at 09:22 PM.
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 07:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
I did some "surfing" on line and the cheapest I could find was $260 US plus $56 US shipping to Canada ....anybody else know of a cheaper dealer / price.
From what I have seen, Seat concepts has raised their prices considerably since I got my kit.
It is nice... but I don't think I would have paid more than the $170 or so I did just for a cover and foam.

If'n I do it, I gunna git a wippin .... OK! I do it!!!

2015 Versys 650 ABS, 1984 Yamaha FJ600, 1983 KZ750, 1977 CB750a

post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chuck View Post
From what I have seen, Seat concepts has raised their prices considerably since I got my kit.
It is nice... but I don't think I would have paid more than the $170 or so I did just for a cover and foam.
Yep, I found a seat concepts "low" model for $175 and a luimoto for $160plus shipping.

avail at this link ....https://www.luimoto.com/?p=320 This is a cover / foam only and attaches to the OEM seat pan .... I have no interest in lowering kits or dropping the forks.

Last edited by whiting57; 05-07-2017 at 08:58 PM.
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

So I bought an OEM seat on eBay with the intention to try my own “seat modification” and if that didn’t work, probably send the pan to Seat Concepts or have someone local work a custom seat for me.

I used a Stanley Surform “shaver” and methodically removed portions of the seat. What I was attempting to do was make the seat narrower so my legs are not spread out as much when at a stop.

Below are some pictures. One thing I will note is the stapler I had didn’t have enough horsepower (me and/or the stapler) to re-attach the cover. So I went to a local custom seat shop and had them staple the cover back on.

Haven’t ridden yet but will tomorrow and over the weekend to get a feel on this modification to an OEM seat.

Shaved seat before re-attaching the cover:

Modified seat (left) and stock seat (right):

Modified seat (right) and stock seat (left):

Modified seat with tab riser for the front:

Modified seat with tab riser for the front:

Steves308 likes this.

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium
Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers
post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yep, I found a seat concepts "low" model for $175 and a luimoto for $160plus shipping.

avail at this link ....https://www.luimoto.com/?p=320 This is a cover / foam only and attaches to the OEM seat pan .... I have no interest in lowering kits or dropping the forks.
Is that Luimoto include the foam? I thought it was only for the cover.

Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers
post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407guy View Post
Is that Luimoto include the foam? I thought it was only for the cover.

cover only
407guy likes this.

post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Shad SH33 top case

So after waiting and waiting and waiting the Shad SH33 top case was finally back in stock.

I will note the helmet in the top case is a Speed & Strength SS2500 helmet, size medium, but I believe there is only one shell size. So an XL "should" fit in the top case. The only way to fit is on its side with some room to spare when the lid is closed.

Turk and aemacleod like this.

post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Installed a Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust (full system).

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...installed.html

post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
All normal except the ball slam. Try engaging your legs more when riding. This isn't a cruiser or a touring bike. Squeeze the tank with your thighs and sit your upper body slightly leaned forward like the seat intends for you to do. Now you are ready to control the bike instead of just being along for the ride.
If you're anything like me you'll dent your tank if you don't do a kegel-type squeeze. At least in my mind...
post #51 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 12:19 AM

Garage
I bought the seat concepts carbon fiber seat. I emailed them and asked them to make it softer. I have been extremely impressed with it, as the cost is so much better than a $430 corbin or sargent. Yesterday, I road the bike nonstop until the reserve light kicked on. It was about 5 hours, and I did a 7.5 hour ride and I can say I could never have done that ride on the stock seat. Straight up, that stock seat was a ball crusher and very uncomfortable. The Seat Concepts is a lot wider, and doesn't slope down. I am very happy with the purchase.
407guy likes this.
post #52 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

I have my first extended ride this past weekend. 250 miles on Saturday with a substantial amount on the freeway.

Admittedly I'm a bit bummed due to the buzz I had in the bars during freeway riding at 70-75ish mph. I'm not sure if I could handle an entire tank without stopping due to the buzz.

I think being at 6k rpms taxes the motor which caused the vibration in the bars. If I dropped down to 5k or so it seemed to smooth out but my speed, of course, dropped.

Yes, I worked on my grip but that didn't seem to help.

Still a great bike, it just doesn't seem to be an extended highway riding bike for me.

post #53 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 09:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
I have my first extended ride this past weekend. 250 miles on Saturday with a substantial amount on the freeway.

Admittedly I'm a bit bummed due to the buzz I had in the bars during freeway riding at 70-75ish mph. I'm not sure if I could handle an entire tank without stopping due to the buzz.

I think being at 6k rpms taxes the motor which caused the vibration in the bars. If I dropped down to 5k or so it seemed to smooth out but my speed, of course, dropped.

Yes, I worked on my grip but that didn't seem to help.

Still a great bike, it just doesn't seem to be an extended highway riding bike for me.

I went with the HVMP Extra Heavy Bar End Weights on my FJR to get rid of the vibes at higher speeds.....

407guy likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #54 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 11:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
I really enjoy this forum and read it daily. Better than watching the news!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whew! I thought I had a problem!

Wait, maybe we both do!

Cheers!
Buffalo_Bob likes this.
post #55 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 01:15 PM

Grab On foam grip covers also work wonders. They also work well with heated grips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5000115_A.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	125130  
407guy likes this.
post #56 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by troop View Post
Grab On foam grip covers also work wonders. They also work well with heated grips.
Thanks.

Newbie question: what size for a 2017 650LT?

post #57 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks.

Newbie question: what size for a 2017 650LT?

Grab On 4 1/4 in. Grip Covers - MC401
407guy likes this.
post #58 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Excellent. Thank you troop.

post #59 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Added Moto Werk's 1" risers to the bike as well as the Grab On grip covers. Just installed so I'll report any changes with this set-up at a later time...

post #60 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

It's been some time since I've posted in this thread so I thought I'd add a few pix from Daytona Bike Week 2018.

One thing I can say is that the V650 between 4-5k RPMs is so smooth. So wish it had cruise control. Today's riding reminded me what a great bike this is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode