Went on a ride without the V - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Went on a ride without the V

Today is a beautiful spring day and wind is still, blue sky and temps around 22 celsius so decided to go for a short ride and do some jobs i had to do in town then finish with a blat around some country roads before coming home.

Got all my gear started the v and was about to get on when I looked at the wifes suzuki C50 sitting all lonely while she is working on this fine day so turned of the V hopped on cruiser and went to town. First stop her work and i was all pre prepared with the answer to question what you doing on my bike, told a wee white lie and said i wanted to go to town in some class got the big smile and it all good, next stop local garage to fill up beast and the mechanic seen me and yelled through the door does your wife know you riding bike and had to explain its all good.

Did some riding on twisty roads on way home but my lovely wife can keep the cruiser as it not as forgiving or nimble as my orange stead. I actually take my hat off to her riding it around the country as her bike is probably at least 50 kg's heavier than the v and she is 20kg's lighter than me

Just to end my small afternoon fun, once i got home seen a bunch of pigeons on top of the barn now the lovely wife has asked me to get rid of them so this great white hunter has missed them with my 1300ft/sec air rifle, a .22 and a 22 magnum in the last 9 months and they were laughing at me so finally thought i would bring out my mossberg 270 and yes one shot one kill. For those that like pigeons and I do the reason we have to get rid of them according to my general manger is that the poop is poisonous to the hay below.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 10-06-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I think is some sort of blasphemy.

But it sounds like you had a great day! : )

Ride em if ya got em!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:33 PM

Did your V turn red with embarrassment when you got off her to ride that other...........HARLOT?

Any extra electric fence wire placed strategically along the areas on the roof/rafters where they like to perch would make it a little more sporting when you break out your shotgun!...CHEERS KIWI!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 PM

A day without firearms or motorcycles is like a day without sunshine!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:59 PM

Ha, great story Phil! Glad the weather's turning for you guys. Here's to a great (and safe!) riding season for you and the wife!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristian79 View Post
Ha, great story Phil! Glad the weather's turning for you guys. Here's to a great (and safe!) riding season for you and the wife!
Cheers Josh, Looking forward to doing some good miles on the bike around the country so will of course post the mandatory pic's, have hinted to my wife for Christmas about a new camera. The local paper has printed my bike photos twice lately, getting the bug to be a amateur roving bike photographer.
Phil
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 AM

Looking forward to your pics, Phil.

Great rides and have a Great time!

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode