8/17 Ride A'vill/brevard/brp Nc Area - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
8/17 Ride A'vill/brevard/brp Nc Area

Looks like some good weather for the next several days . I a looking to do some riding 8/17 for sure . Asheville/Brevard/Sylva , NC Blue Ridge Parkway or something like that . I would actually like to hit the Nantahala Gorge and surrounding area on the V in the near future .
Anybody up for it ? Bear in mind , I am not a knee dragger sort of rider . They call me -PO-SLOKE for a reason . So if riding touron style , but with better manners and skill is for you . Shout me up !!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 09:20 AM

Wes...

I have a soccer game at 3p Sunday and am moving this weekend, so a longer day tour will have to wait. I do want to come ride your neck of the woods soon, though. Plenty of great weather left this year. I can't wait for October!

have a great ride...
/neil
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Neil ,
We will do it soon . Between the dual sport riding on my KLR and the street stuff on the V . I am pretty busy trying to get all the riding in I can this year . Making up for not riding at all for several years . LOL

But I am still gonna spin some on Sunday if anyone is up to some easy rolling stuff in the hills .

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Welpers , I think I am solo'ing tomorrow . Taking 64 east from lake toxaway to hwy 215 to BRP . BRP to Slva then 19/23 to Nantahala Groge up through Robbinsville on the the Tail of the Dragon and back home through Highlands .
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Here is a link to bring up Delorme Mapshare of the route .

http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=zp8tg4dw
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 11:28 PM

I'd much rather be riding that route with you than painting... Weather looks great for the next week, be safe.

/neil
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 04:46 AM

Sure wish I could make it. I love it out there. Got 2 fired up kids wanting to go up to the farm for some dirt action today but with rain on the radar we might be muddin instead Be safe and enjoy your ride
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Good deal Mr. Neal ,

ON my way out the door right now . Have fun painting . Actually I should be doing chores in a big way around here and working my dogz . BUT .... I changed the oil in her , cleaned her up good , washed my ATGATT and tank is full with a little dose of Seafoam .
I mean , tell me please , how can I deny her , how can I deny her of what she so wants ? LOL LOL

Ciao , Wes...aka..PO-SLOKE
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 07:44 PM

Hey I live in TN 1 hour away from either the tail of the dragon or cheryahola and I an usally off wed. or sun. if anyone would like to meet and ride the area I can either meet you at the dragon or at tellico plains. Pretty familar with the area around here in TN so know some good scenery. If anyone interested just give me a buzz. This week or in the future we can set something up.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Jerry ,

Glad you posted up . I rode the Tail today but really should have jumped on Cherohala skyway as well . I still rode my butt off . I was going to tool up and back home but ended up knocking down a stellar ride .
From Sapphire to Cashiers , Sylva , Nantahala River , Robbinsville , Tapoco Tn ( and some other rodes around that Lake . Back up the Dragon , south on 28 to Fontana , Bacd down around some road lol . Hopped up on the BRP north to 276 . Psgah Forest , Brevard to HWY 278 in Rosman to SC Hwy 11 , Hwy 11 to 107 north to Cashiers , then back home to Sapphire . 423.4 miles .
I just rode and rode and rode and rode . I stopped at Deals gap for fast burger and only made one more quick to for a drink I only drank part . Man , I gotta tell you , that dang BeadRider is miraculous .

I only took a couple of photos at Deals gap . I really just never stopped to do anything except the two stops . LOL

This is pretty weak photo posting , but it really is to show the day was sunny . I am sure all have seen these type pics fromt TOD . You know , the old adage , " NO PHOTOS , IT DIDN'T HAPPEN " . Well , here is my week excuse of photos .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN07570214.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	769   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN07550212.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	301.6 KB
ID:	770   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN07560213.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	771  

Last edited by PO-SLOKE; 08-17-2008 at 08:37 PM.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Oh Yeah , can you find the V in the second shot ???????
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM

Hey Fellas,

Joe from Charlotte, NC. That sounds like a great ride. I am looking to do some riding on the weekends in the Mtns after labor day. It has been over 10 year since I toured the dragon so I would definitely want to include that. Lets get something going in the near future.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 09:05 PM

Looks like a slow day at the deals gap area. I have been there twice on Sunday and it is usally packed. Looks like you had a really good day and a really nice ride. And I can tell you this; your pic. are a whole lot better than mine considering I left my camera at home the last two times. Ordering bags this week but did not want to have to carry the back pack. Poor excuse I know. I like the dragons tail but really nicer ride on cherohala more open not so much traffic. Curves are not so close and they go all the way to the bottom into tellico. The dragon has so many curves I still don't know what the side of the road looks like. Afraid if I look I might end up there And once you get to the top it starts to straighten out alot. I still would like to go down the parkway across to 321 and up into smokey's. I just don't want to do it on the weekend. Way to many cars.
P.S. I see the bike in the second photo that is where I usally park. Me and that bench are well aquainted. Seems to be the place to sit on Sundays If you want to hear all the good comments on the other bikers riding in. Hope you tried the cheeseburger and onion rings they are good!

Last edited by JERRYES; 08-18-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode