A great day on the V with my son - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
A great day on the V with my son

Decided today to ride my bike to Christchurch to visit my eldest son, my sister and Fasto daughter to see how things have gone after a week since the big quake and my youngest son Jayden said he would like to come with me for the day on the bike so thought that was a awesome idea.

A quick stop to get rid of excess coffee that i had drunk and have a quick eat at a rest stop along inland scenic route.

broken church very close to centre of quake but considering it was a 7.1 the old church done alright.

rakaia gorge
The poor kid after me making him pose for the photos.
After visiting other family we went to check on fasto daughter at Canterbury university and she is in good spirits and made us a nice hot drink.
Jayden and Loshini

After leaving loshini we rode the 100 miles back to home and my awesome son took me in his car and shouted me out to a movie, this was his fathers day present from previous sunday. So all in all a great day with my son but i do not like two ups on my V as ended up with a slightly sore butt after the 360km round trip and usually have no problems but who cares had a great day with the boy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I know exactly how you feel. My daughter & I have been spending more time together since she got her bike. We're supposed to go for a ride this morning, but she's still sleeping.

Great pics as always, I swear you live in a post card! Nice story & very thoughtful of you to check on Fasto's daughter & your family.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 09:41 AM

Talking

The country looks very similar to the northwest US where I live. You are a lucky man to get to have made a memory like this with your son, road trips are filled with many moments to savor and going to check on friends and family is an even better bonus!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Nice ride Phil, and thanks for dropping by Losh place. She drop a mail after you guys left.

Grateful to you friend for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

God bless you.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:55 AM

and a beautiful day and scenery. Good on you, Phil.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclebob View Post
The country looks very similar to the northwest US where I live. You are a lucky man to get to have made a memory like this with your son, road trips are filled with many moments to savor and going to check on friends and family is an even better bonus!

Agree with you 100% as days like that spending it with my son doing what I love and his idea to come makes life seem pretty good at times and I am sure that he will not forget the time spent either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode