Ride to Hollister - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ride to Hollister

Forum member DrumDaddy and I are riding to Hollister to visit the Corbin factory one week from this Saturday. It looks like it will be a nice ride from Fresno if anyone else in the area is interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alours View Post
Forum member DrumDaddy and I are riding to Hollister to visit the Corbin factory one week from this Saturday. It looks like it will be a nice ride from Fresno if anyone else in the area is interested.
I might try and make that. Let me know when your leaving and what time you expect to be there.

Donn
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

It's going to be quite early as Corbin is only open from 8-noon on Saturday. We actually have appointments between 8-9, so we will be leaving Fresno by 6am. Should be a nice, chilly ride at that time of the morning. We haven't quite decided where exactly to meet (somewhere along the 99 as drummer boy is coming from Hanford), but if you're interested, I'll let you know as soon as we figure it out.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:04 PM

We will most likely leave very early from Fresno- Meeting around 6:00 AM somewhere off the 99- like Shaw or Herndon. Take the 99 until we get to the 152 and take that over to the 156 and drop down to Hollister. We hope to get there by 8:00 am. We are going to have some work done on our Corbin seats at the factory. So we will be taking some time to accomplish that mission.

From there, we are kind of an open book. We are either going to go down the 25 until the 198 and cut over to Hanford and grab some chow. (I live in Hanford) We will split up from there. According to Google Maps, the round trip for this route is almost 300 miles. (back to Fresno) This is what we will most likely do.

Or, we have also considered riding down the coast. Much depends on how quick the Corbin folks are at making our adjustments. Going down the 1 will add a significant amount of time and miles to the equation. According to Google Maps- if we make our way to the 1 and then take the 198 back, this will add about 100 miles to the trip. (it would be awesome though)

So that is kind of the day right there-
Robert
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM

I'd love to join up with you guys somewhere along the way, but my boy's football season started last week so games are every Saturday through November. Have fun though, Hollister is great, at least from what I remember from my 4 wheeling days!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:52 PM

I know where Corbin is and may meet you guys there.

Donn
Green V

Last edited by Nytrydr; 09-03-2010 at 02:52 PM.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytrydr View Post
I know where Corbin is and may met you guys there.

Donn
Green V
Sweet- we should be there around 8:00 am at the factory.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 01:05 AM

Definitely ride 25 and 198. Or if you really want to try out the V's capabilities, here's an alternate route. I like to take Cienega Road out of Hollister because the section of 25 just south of town isn't that fun. Then go south on 25 towards Bitterwater until you get to Los Gatos Rd which will take you past Clear Creek, then on to Coalinga. It's all paved, but a bit goaty and good fun.

Alternate route south of Hollister
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_hun View Post
Definitely ride 25 and 198. Or if you really want to try out the V's capabilities, here's an alternate route. I like to take Cienega Road out of Hollister because the section of 25 just south of town isn't that fun. Then go south on 25 towards Bitterwater until you get to Los Gatos Rd which will take you past Clear Creek, then on to Coalinga. It's all paved, but a bit goaty and good fun.

Alternate route south of Hollister
Alours and I just checked that route out- we are going to take it- looks like fun. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by drumdaddy; 09-03-2010 at 12:46 PM.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdaddy View Post
Alours and I just checked that route out- we are going to take it- looks like fun. Thanks for the suggestion.
Cool! Perhaps it goes without saying, but it's pretty remote out there, so a full tank of gas before you leave Hollister is prudent, as is a water bottle or camelback.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 02:37 PM

I might try to tag along as far as Los Banos. I have family stuff going on later in the day, so can't make the full trip but would like to hang along for a little while. Would that be okay with everyone?
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 07:55 PM

Ok, so it's Corbin in Hollister on Saturday 9-11 8:00am

Donn

Last edited by Nytrydr; 09-06-2010 at 03:28 PM.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 03:29 PM

Waiting for conformation. Its this coming Satuday 9-11-10 Right?

Donn
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Yes, it's this coming Saturday (9/11/10). Really looking forward to it.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Guys.

If your guys are visiting the corbin Factory bring along some of the complains form our members here on their seat.

Maybe a good idear since the V will be in the factory and you guys can let them know the problem first hand.

just my 2cts thoughts.

remember to post some pictures.

post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 12:25 PM

Hit the TT track at Hollister Hills.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Guys.

If your guys are visiting the corbin Factory bring along some of the complains form our members here on their seat.

Maybe a good idear since the V will be in the factory and you guys can let them know the problem first hand.

just my 2cts thoughts.

remember to post some pictures.

Good Call and one of the reasons that I am going. My Corbin seat does not latch so I figured that I would have them fix it. I think that it is due to the side luggage bracket. The OEM seat is notched at the rear of the seat to allow for some room for the bracket. The Corbin seat does not have that same notch and will not allow the seat to sit properly. I am bringing my OEM seat in hopes of doing some horse trading for a back rest. Perhaps they can then use the OEM seat to at least correct this issue.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 12:35 PM

Tomorrow is the day! PM either Alours or myself if you are meeting us in Fresno for the ride. We will be leaving from that point at 6:00 am. (ouch)
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 01:08 PM

I'm planning to meet you at Corbin. It's going to be about a 2 hour boring ride to get there though. How long do you think it will take to get your seats done? I might be able to sleep in. Ha!

Donn
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Not sure about how long it will take- maybe an hour or two. you could sleep in for a a little while-(I wish I could sleep in- I have to leave at 5:15 to get the meeting point in Fresno)

While in Hollister, we will grab something to eat there and then leave- can't imagine getting out of there before 10:00am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode