Member Rides Show off your Versys...

3Likes
  • 3 Post By my2wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thumbs up 335 mile round trip with photos

So, yesterday (Wed) was far too nice to miss out on the chance to get some miles of smiles under blue skies & 65'f temps..
I rode down into Arkansas (my favourite area of the Ozarks) & set my sights on seeing a never visited before place (by me) called Greers Ferry, l just looked at a map, liked the name, & set off.
I encountered some interesting sights on the way, & even though l have a GoPro, l can't be bothered doing videos anymore, but l wish l had an option to somehow take stills while travelling & without having to stop, get off, open the pannier, get out the camera, etc,,,,etc!!!
Anyway, here's an interesting little town that looks like it was made as a movie set...........

I also found a man made weir that created a waterfall

This is canoers paradise down here with all the lakes & rivers

Then l reached my destination, & the views were well worth it, & this is looking down on Greers Lake which incorporates the township of Greers Ferry

I also saw a very strange rock structure

& a forest fire

as well as some cows in their natural environment

My day started at 10am & l got home at 7pm, a bit tired, a bit chilly, but well satisfied with my 335 mile trip around the Ozarks.
ATYC, silviefox and pkovo like this.

Last edited by my2wheels; 03-17-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
NICE pics, BIG lake...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
NICE pics, BIG lake...!

Thanks Eddie......but it's really quite small, & l'm sure you have much bigger lakes in your alternate home "up North!"
It's 40,000 acres large, & has a shoreline of 370mls, & it's actually 2 lakes joined together.

Greers Ferry Lake Map

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Way Cool...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 03:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Awesome back drop for some great pics!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 07:38 AM

Location: Normally Devon, England. From 18 Feb to 2 May 16, near Reston VA
Very nice

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 07:59 AM

Really like that you got your bike in each picture. Nice Ride.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider_bud View Post
Really like that you got your bike in each picture. Nice Ride.
That's funny because a friend of mine in Wales laughs at me for getting my bike into every photo!!!

(but he has a white Aprilia Mille & wears white leathers!!)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2wheels View Post
That's funny because a friend of mine in Wales laughs at me for getting my bike into every photo!!!

(but he has a white Aprilia Mille & wears white leathers!!)
Ask him for a pic of the bike and him near a snowdrift...!

My wife ALSO makes that observation, and my response is that I'm on a MOTORCYCLE trip...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Ask him for a pic of the bike and him near a snowdrift...!

My wife ALSO makes that observation, and my response is that I'm on a MOTORCYCLE trip...!

Funny you should say that Eddie because l was talking with him yesterday on Skype & he rode the "prilia for the 1st time in 5 months because of rain, rain, rain & moving home, etc & he said he was whooping & hollering in his helmet when riding the bike back from storage so the nutbag "wanged" it up to 130mph on country roads!!!!!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...he said he was whooping & hollering in his helmet when riding the bike back from storage so the nutbag "wanged" it up to 130mph on country roads!!!!!
Seems to me to be a BIT on the 'dumb' side of the spectrum, UNLESS you have different-size miles in Wales....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Seems to me to be a BIT on the 'dumb' side of the spectrum, UNLESS you have different-size miles in Wales....

MPH is MPH in all countries, & only in the USA do you get "stuffed" on a gallon not being a gallon!!!

"Dumb" is not how l'd describe John, he is an excellent rider & in another World could have been an Isle of Man contender, but the fact that his riding skills are above most other riders doesn't mean l condone his double the speed limit euphoric throttle "wanging!!!!"

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
..."Dumb" is not how l'd describe John, he is an excellent rider & in another World could have been an Isle of Man contender, but the fact that his riding skills are above most other riders doesn't mean l condone his double the speed limit euphoric throttle "wanging!!!!"...
I would have to say that ANYONE who goes 130mph on a PUBLIC road (UNLESS it's the autoban in Germany) is stupid, no matter HOW good a rider he, or YOU, thinks he is....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I would have to say that ANYONE who goes 130mph on a PUBLIC road (UNLESS it's the autoban in Germany) is stupid, no matter HOW good a rider he, or YOU, thinks he is....
That's your view Eddie, but personally l don't call my friends' stupid, although some people on this forum could easily fit into that category.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode